Favorite Nolan film SCORE

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson

What's your favorite Nolan film score? (max of 2 options)

Following
No votes
Memento
3%
Insomnia
No votes
Batman Begins
11%
The Prestige
1%
The Dark Knight
15%
Inception
47%
The Dark Knight Rises
23%

Total votes: 73

It's really hard to decide, but I'll go with Inception. The main theme is just mindblowingly good and the trick with the Edith Piaf-song is more than smart.

BRRAAAWWWW BRRAAAWWWW!! ...Need I say more? :twothumbsup:

1. Batman Begins
2. Inception
3. The Dark Knight £

It's a tie between TDK and Inception

Haven't listened to the Insomnia score yet.

dagn96 wrote:It's a tie between TDK and Inception

Haven't listened to the Insomnia score yet.
I found it pretty good. I'd give it a listen.

:thumbup:

dagn96 wrote:It's a tie between TDK and Inception
thats for sure

Inception and TDK. The sound is so incredible! But the Inception soundtrack is better...I think...or the TDK soundtrack...they're both very very good. :think:

Inception - I title this to be THE greatest film score ever! and also THE most epic soundtrack ever! I truly truly truly believe this.
I don't necessarily love the Inception score because its epic. Every song was just absolutely perfect... And cause of those moments it was played in, which is almost the whole film. The epic action scenes. When Cobb and Ariadne drop into limbo (oh my god so amazingly epic. One of my favourite couple of seconds in the whole film). The ''I'm disappointed you tried'' moment (btw I cried aswell in this scene. I never thought I'd genuinely be that emotional in a Nolan film). From when everyone wakes up in the plane to when the movie cuts before the spinning top falls.

[quote="Mindheist"]Inception - I title this to be THE greatest film score ever! and also THE most epic soundtrack ever! I truly truly truly believe this.
I don't necessarily love the Inception score because its epic. Every song was just absolutely perfect... And cause of those moments it was played in, which is almost the whole film. The epic action scenes. When Cobb and Ariadne drop into limbo (oh my god so amazingly epic. One of my favourite couple of seconds in the whole film). The ''I'm disappointed you tried'' moment (btw I cried aswell in this scene. I never thought I'd genuinely be that emotional in a Nolan film). From when everyone wakes up in the plane to when the movie cuts before the spinning top falls.[/quote]
The five seconds before that top falls are possibly the most perfect scored moments in film history! :twothumbsup: The thing about this score is that every aspect of it played to Zimmer's strength. He's good with loud blaring brass pieces, unconvential sounds, extreme percussion, and more than anything, hitting a film's cues dead on with his music. That's what Inception was and it really offered him the chance to excel at the exact type of music that he already excels at. GO ZIMMER! :clap: :clap:

Mindheist wrote:Inception - I title this to be THE greatest film score ever! and also THE most epic soundtrack ever! I truly truly truly believe this.
I don't necessarily love the Inception score because its epic. Every song was just absolutely perfect... And cause of those moments it was played in, which is almost the whole film. The epic action scenes. When Cobb and Ariadne drop into limbo (oh my god so amazingly epic. One of my favourite couple of seconds in the whole film). The ''I'm disappointed you tried'' moment (btw I cried aswell in this scene. I never thought I'd genuinely be that emotional in a Nolan film). From when everyone wakes up in the plane to when the movie cuts before the spinning top falls.
I really think so too. I really like "One Simple Idea" and of course "Time"(the scene from the plane until the spinning top - end) every time I hear those songs I cry and "Mombasa" fits perfectly to the chasing scene. It's just a perfect score. That's why I cannot believe that Hans didn't win an Oscar. Did you buy the CD?