David Julyan Scoring Inception?

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
I think it's pretty likely that Julyan will be scoring Inception for Chris.

I am excited to see what he does. David's style is very minimal and atmospheric -- perfect for a sci-fi thriller like what I imagine Inception is.

I would also like to see David break out of the box a little bit and do something out of the ordinary (for him)

I really hope he does. His first two scores are just amazing (Memento & Following) but for some reason I wasn't that impressed with his work on The Prestige. His style would suit sci-fi though and I hope he scores it.

Well, iMDB has him listed as the composer, I don't know if it's confirmed or not though, but it'll definitely be cool to have them reunite again.

Wow, it's a shame but I didn't know that David Julyan was the composer of the score of The Prestige and Insomnia too. I thought he was only the composer of Memento. I must watch The Prestige again to hear its soundtrack.

I think his best score is for The Descent and really well shot too.

rbevanx wrote:I think his best score is for The Descent and really well shot too.
I love his Descent score, did you know Neil Marshall used Julyan's Insomnia has his temp score for The Descent?

I actually prefer his work to Zimmers and JNH personally, his score for all of Nolans films are excellent, he does some great work on Eden Lake as well, hopefully Chris will utilise his talents again, don't get me wrong HZ & JNH work on BB & DK, Inception and I'm sure TDKR are great but this is a partnership that shouldn't not be repeated again.

Julyan will definitely be scoring Inception.

solo2001 wrote:Julyan will definitely be scoring Inception.
He will. It's practically been confirmed.

Mason wrote:
solo2001 wrote:Julyan will definitely be scoring Inception.

I sure hope so.

TeddyBlass wrote:
Mason wrote:

I sure hope so.
wait what?? its already out