Composers You Wish Nolan Would Work With?

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
Michael Nyman

his Gattaca soundtrack was brilliant

Eternalist wrote:Steve Jablonsky. That way, everytime a helicopter appears on screen you're guaranteed to hear a military drum march.
Haha, nice. Isn't Steve Jablonsky an understudy of Hans Zimmer anyways?

Yea, Chris working with Steve would be rather pointless. He's gets most, if not all, of his style from Hans - his boss. Might as well re-hire the more inspiring and creative composer.

I wish that he would continue to work with David Julyan.His score for Memento stands as my favorite movie soundtrack of all time :roll:

Mr. Caine wrote:I wish that he would continue to work with David Julyan.His score for Memento stands as my favorite movie soundtrack of all time :roll:
I very much agree. Memento soundtrack is extremely beautiful.

Alexandre Desplat
Philip Glass
James Newton Howard(again)
Hans Zimmer(they did their best work together with Inception)
Carter Burwell
Johnny Greenwood

I would really like to see Nolan work with Bear McCreary.
The re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, was not only one of the best ever television shows, but it also had an epic soundtrack over its four seasons.
McCreary's score work on that show was pretty amazing. He's proved himself to be pretty versatile too, with Human Target's more classical style, and Caprica's lushness.
Depending on the project of course, it would be very interesting to see what came from a collaboration of these two guys.

10thAvenger wrote:I would really like to see Nolan work with Bear McCreary.
The re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, was not only one of the best ever television shows, but it also had an epic soundtrack over its four seasons.
McCreary's score work on that show was pretty amazing. He's proved himself to be pretty versatile too, with Human Target's more classical style, and Caprica's lushness.
Depending on the project of course, it would be very interesting to see what came from a collaboration of these two guys.
I completely agree that Battlestar Galactica's score was awesome. He also did another show that I came to like a ton, Terminator. The melody he applies to Sarah Connor was just beautiful.

@NothinButM
I totally agree with you on Terminator: TSCC. He produced another great body of work on that show.

After hearing the pieces of work he has done with American Beauty, Road to Perdition, Wall-E, Shawshank Redemption, and Revolutionary Road, I would be extremely curious to see how Thomas Newman's music would fit into a Nolan film.