Composers You Wish Nolan Would Work With?

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
Marc Streitenfeld

Master Virgo wrote:Marc Streitenfeld
Why on Earth would anyone ever wish this?

TeddyBlass wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:Marc Streitenfeld
Why on Earth would anyone ever wish this?
I only wanted to point out at the fact that I liked his works. His score for American Gangster in particular really impressed me. Prometheus and Robin Hood were also good. But I'm not an expert is these sorta things I would be glad to know your opinion about his works.

American Gangster and Robin Hood are mediocre (or suitable) at best. Why a legendary director like Scott works with such a bland talent like Streitenfeld I will never understand. I think everyone would universally agree the best parts of the Prometheus score are the main theme, and the handful of scenes that use it to great effect. That theme was written by Harry Gregson-Williams though, so....

Watched The Fountain last night, such a beautiful score. Still would love to see Clint Mansell work with Nolan.

TeddyBlass wrote:That theme was written by Harry Gregson-Williams though, so....
Wow I didn't know that. Also I thought he was the one who made the score of KoH, another mistake of mine. He was only the music supervisor. Still I think he did a good job in American Gangster and apparently he has got some recognition for it, but I really don't consider him good enough to work with Nolan anymore. Should have gathered more information about the guy's career before saying that.

Master Virgo wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:That theme was written by Harry Gregson-Williams though, so....
Wow I didn't know that. Also I thought he was the one who made the score of KoH, another mistake of mine. He was only the music supervisor. Still I think he did a good job in American Gangster and apparently he has got some recognition for it, but I really don't consider him good enough to work with Nolan anymore. Should have gathered more information about the guy's career before saying that.
Hahaha, don't worry, this whole thread is filled with composers unworthy of Nolan. ;)

I'm not sure why Scott isn't working with HGW anymore though. For shame.

TeddyBlass wrote:
Master Virgo wrote: Wow I didn't know that. Also I thought he was the one who made the score of KoH, another mistake of mine. He was only the music supervisor. Still I think he did a good job in American Gangster and apparently he has got some recognition for it, but I really don't consider him good enough to work with Nolan anymore. Should have gathered more information about the guy's career before saying that.
Hahaha, don't worry, this whole thread is filled with composers unworthy of Nolan. ;)
Who would be on the top of your list? Any favorite scores?

Durden wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:
Who would be on the top of your list? Any favorite scores?
Mr. Zimmer, Mr. Howard, and Mr. Julyan.

As much as I enjoy (and love) various other composers, nobody else really feels right.

TeddyBlass wrote:
Durden wrote: Who would be on the top of your list? Any favorite scores?
Mr. Zimmer, Mr. Howard, and Mr. Julyan.

As much as I enjoy (and love) various other composers, nobody else really feels right.
Can't go wrong with those three. Watching the Prestige the other day, the music compliments every scene so perfectly. Really outstanding work, I love the backdrop when Borden confronts Angier's double at the bar. I am all for Julyan coming back on a smaller scale project in the future.