The Warped Side of the Universe with Hans Zimmer

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
The Warped Side of the Universe with Hans Zimmer, Paul Franklin, and Kip Thorne
At the Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando

A concert presentation from the story creator, composer, and visual artists of the movie Interstellar, featuring composer Hans Zimmer, visual artist Paul Franklin, and physicist Kip Thorne.

This multimedia performance envelopes the audience in the Warped Side of the Universe: phenomena made primarily or solely from warped space and time. These include, among others, gravitational waves (recently discovered by LIGO, the Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory), the colliding black holes that produced those waves, black holes tearing stars apart, the cores of supernova explosions, and the birth of our universe and birth of the fundamental forces of nature. These will be experienced through music, videos from computer simulations, poetry and prose.

Oh cool, i envy anyone who's able to attend.

Teddy you going? I got tickets too, can't wait

I'll be there :)

So psyched for this, can't wait to compare notes next weekend :gonf:

Hey 4N, I thought you were in Gujarat or something.

I am Guju but I live in Orlando, FL lol

Oh ok.

Rehearsal

The show was really fantastic. It opened with Hans playing what appeared to be a new, original piece called The Blue Dot. Hans then handed it over to Kip, who gave a fantastic lecture on gravitational waves and how they will play a big part in understanding our universe. Paul Franklin spoke fairly briefly about making the visual effects in Interstellar as true to the mathematical models as possible before handing the stage back over to Hans.

Hans started back up with a new rendition of Journey to the Line from The Thin Red Line. He followed with several songs from Interstellar, including Dust, Where We're Going, Day One, and No Time for Caution. He ended the performance with Time from Inception.