Hans Zimmer's MAN OF STEEL Soundtrack

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
It's not even near impossible to top Williams, it is impossible to top Williams. Hans Zimmer even understands that, he's actually afraid of this project and is very reluctant. We'll see what comes of it in a few months.
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013

FreakLikeMe wrote:It's not even near impossible to top Williams, it is impossible to top Williams. Hans Zimmer even understands that, he's actually afraid of this project and is very reluctant. We'll see what comes of it in a few months.
Whatever he does it will be new and great. Im tired of hearing the same Williams theme in every superman movie. Hans will do a great job, he shouldnt be afraid. :clap:
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
FreakLikeMe wrote:It's not even near impossible to top Williams, it is impossible to top Williams. Hans Zimmer even understands that, he's actually afraid of this project and is very reluctant. We'll see what comes of it in a few months.
Whatever he does it will be new and great. Im tired of hearing the same Williams theme in every superman movie. Hans will do a great job, he shouldnt be afraid. :clap:

I agree. I'm tired of the old Williams theme. It's a classic, but time for something new.

Just as long as Hans uses his Thin Red Line, Lion King and Last Samurai mixes as influence for his MOS soundtrack/score he will be just fine.

I want a completely different approach for MOS than the Williams score. Williams score captured the heroic side of Superman but I want Zimmer to capture the sheer power and might of Superman, and that's something he can do and I would like it better, probably.

People bitching about Zimmer never being able to top the Williams score also need to understand that's subjective whether you like it or not. I like Zimmer more than Williams. There, I said it.

Pretty sure he's going to completely ignore Williams and go on his own tangent. That's what he did with Batman.

Threshold wrote:
Pretty sure he's going to completely ignore Williams and go on his own tangent. That's what he did with Batman.
I wanna see if he makes his own superman theme or just remixes William. Hes probobly gonna make a new version that will be awsome.
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
Threshold wrote: Pretty sure he's going to completely ignore Williams and go on his own tangent. That's what he did with Batman.
I wanna see if he makes his own superman theme or just remixes William. Hes probobly gonna make a new version that will be awsome.
After Superman Returns' soundtrack re doing the Superman theme, pretty sure they are going to go righht away from the original films.

the mighty hans will create a score so powerful and emotional.
listen to the first few minutes of aroua and think of kypton and jor-el sending his only son away.
the score is going to be the best thing about this film. hans said he s having to deal with trying to top his inception and dark knight rises scores. a giant icon like superman is the only way to go. only way is up. bigger and bolder.

btw john williams is my favorite composer and superman is one of his best. late 70s john is the the golden era but
hans music will fit the film just like he did with batman begins. comparison will seem silly as soon as he hear the new music.
everybody felt like this before BB, how can he get away from elfmans themes. the film will dictate the new sounds.

Watched the trailers yet again (Comic-Con and official teaser), and I actually think the usage of music from other movies isn't just because he hasn't finished the soundtrack yet. I actually think Hans Zimmer's done with the theme, he's just waiting to use it (since the footage probably didn't fit the theme).

07202012 wrote:Watched the trailers yet again (Comic-Con and official teaser), and I actually think the usage of music from other movies isn't just because he hasn't finished the soundtrack yet. I actually think Hans Zimmer's done with the theme, he's just waiting to use it (since the footage probably didn't fit the theme).
It's common for trailers to not use the official movie soundtrack, like the Inception trailers also didn't have music composed by Zimmer.