Hans Zimmer's MAN OF STEEL Soundtrack

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
didich wrote: The Batman theme was not even half as iconic compared to ther Superman theme, completely different situations, I would say.
You've got a point, but I still want something new and fresh.

I'm not going to lie, Elfman's Batman themes sucked IMO. Zimmer made an amazing soundtrack for The Dark Knight Trilogy. William's is iconic and I do understand why they won't use it for MoS. We didn't hear Elfman's Batman theme in Batman Begins, so why the hell would we hear William's Superman theme in MoS. Out with the old, in with the new.

If they're going to do something about the classic theme, it should be a homage. Not a rescore, not copying and pasting the same thing but honouring the legacy of John Williams and Superman. And even then it shouldn't be the entire focus.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

didich wrote:I-m not saying they should use it as the main theme, they should not, but when something trascends the film for which it was created you have to give it an 'homage' somehow. It's like Star Wars without its main fanfare or the 'Imperial March', it just lacks something.
I trust Zimmer to come up with an idea to use the classic theme in this one. He may use few notes of it. Or he might take it and make it even more epic. :tooexcited:
gib sigs

07202012 wrote:
didich wrote: The Batman theme was not even half as iconic compared to ther Superman theme, completely different situations, I would say.
You've got a point, but I still want something new and fresh.
Me too. I don't want it to be the main theme again, just that it's recognized in the movie somehow, as an in-joke or like Pratham said using a few notes. Something.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

I want something very similar to the Thin Red Line piece that played during the Comic-Con trailer. That was amazing music and totally fit Superman and the tone Nolan and Snyder seem to be going for in this film.

Bacon wrote:I want something very similar to the Thin Red Line piece that played during the Comic-Con trailer. That was amazing music and totally fit Superman and the tone Nolan and Snyder seem to be going for in this film.
Thin Red Line really is some of Zimmer's best work.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

Bacon wrote:I want something very similar to the Thin Red Line piece that played during the Comic-Con trailer. That was amazing music and totally fit Superman and the tone Nolan and Snyder seem to be going for in this film.
If the theme is like anything like the comic con trailer music then it will be amazing

Zimmer created a wonderful Batman soundtrack for the entire trilogy. Absolutely amazing. I couldn't have dreamed to see Zimmer do the soundtrack for MOS!

I think, due to the fact that it really shouldn't sound a lot like his Batman tracks (which he's very well aware of), that he can create something special yet again. Zimmer knows this shit. I'm pretty sure we'll get an iconic new sound for the man of steel.

Expecting to hear the main theme with the second trailer.
What are you looking at?

Nomis1700 wrote: Expecting to hear the main theme with the second trailer.
That would be fucking amazing.