Hans Zimmer's MAN OF STEEL Soundtrack

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
If you seriously think MoS has an Oscarworthy score, you'd be better off a troll.

Forum Pro
Law
FreakLikeMe wrote:If you seriously think MoS has an Oscarworthy score, you'd be better off a troll.
I've been listening to the deluxe soundtrack since the release (in my car) and it may not be Oscar worthy, but it's damn good.

what does "oscar-worthy" even mean? I only liked Zimmer's MOS score, but I'll take it over any of the ones nominated last year.

You'll take MoS over Life of Pi, Lincoln, or Skyfall? :roll:

TeddyBlass wrote:You'll take MoS over Life of Pi, Lincoln, or Skyfall? :roll:
That's what I wrote :roll:

I was hoping you were forgetting about those scores. Life of Pi is so good it's actually deserving of the Oscar - which can't be said for a lot of recent winners.

TeddyBlass wrote:I was hoping you were forgetting about those scores. Life of Pi is so good it's actually deserving of the Oscar - which can't be said for a lot of recent winners.
Hmm. I respect your opinion on the matter, but I did not like that movie or its score. I'll openly admit that my disappointment of the film harms my appreciation for the craft and music. The score for Skyfall was big letdown. Dug the film, but the score was so unmemorable I only remember the Zimmer-ish tempotracks, and MoS was much cooler than those. Oh, and I've given up on anything new from John Williams (I known the same has been said for Zimmer's work on MoS, but for me there was at least 3-4 tracks I enjoyed on that one)

No critical analyse is performed though ;)

You sir are an
imbecile.

FreakLikeMe wrote:You sir are an
imbecile.
You could have contributed by giving me some reasoning to why I'm missing the mark. I'm not an expert, I'll gladly take it. Or if you felt my opinions were soo useless, you just could have left them there and moved on with your life. Nope, you choose being a troll instead.

Arcade is simply amazing, even tho this score isn't Zimmer's best work, this track really gets me pumped