What if David composed the scores to Batman Begins and TDK?

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
That surely would have made for an interesting score.

I don't think I would replace Hans and James if I could go back in time, I love what they've done with the series, but it is an interesting thought.

We know David could pull off the atmospheric side of things, but I would love to hear what he writes for action music.

I agree, hans and james did great job of composing for both batman begins and the dark knight and i to would not change those composers for david in hindsight although it would have been really interesting to see what david would have done with it. I think david completely complements christopher nolans style of film making and the themes presented in each film and i really look foward to their next collabaration, their partnership reminds me of the great composer/director relationships akin to the likes of steven speilberg/john williams or steven soderberg/cliff martinez etc.

I think it would have been better. I liked TDK's score (the Joker's theme is brilliant) but I wasn't a fan of Batman Begins' score.

Personally, I like the score to BB and TDK just the way it is. When I first heard the music to the trailer of TDK, I got chills.

Not saying David is a bad composer, I love his scores as well. Both Memento and Following's scores are superb.

I tend to think David Julyan's scores leave a brooding quality. Something mysterious and something that is inviting to curious listeners. It works very effectively for the films he has scored for Chris. I do think that the mysterious tone, that sense of foreboding, does not lend well to Batman Begins and TDK, which I think were very well done by Herr Zimmer and Mr. Howard.

niniendowarrior wrote:I do think that the mysterious tone, that sense of foreboding, does not lend well to Batman Begins and TDK, which I think were very well done by Herr Zimmer and Mr. Howard.
What you said.

He is talented

I would certainly like to see Julyan get the chance to score a Batman film, but I don't know if Julyan's style of film scores would work for a Batman film. Julyan doesn't really create "themes" like Zimmer and Newton Howard do. His scores are more like "tonal washes" which work best for smaller films.

I'd be very curious to hear it. In general, however, his scores have been more on the low-key side.

I think Zimmer was the perfect guy for the job, Julyan works better with psychological dramas, like darker more subtle things.