New Inception trailer in front of Iron Man 2

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I doubt that it will be the 3:30 long footage. If you remember, when we waited for The Dark Knight, there was a movie event where they showed a long footage from the film to the audience. I clearly remember that I've read an article about the footage, where the journalist wrote down what in this footage was, and this was the first point where anyone mentioned the dialogue between Two-Face and that corrupt cop he killed. You know:

- Jesus, Dent! I thought you were dead!
- Half.

The journalist actually wrote down this dialogue in the article, and when we later saw the film it became clear that the journalist wasn't lying, they really saw an actual footage from the movie. But this footage never hit the average, wider audience. No trailer or TV Spot contained this dialogue, only this footage which was showed at this movie event. So I think this 3:30 long footage is the same thing. It was shown to a small audience but it won't be the 3rd trailer. I think the 3rd trailer will be about 2:30 long.

DHOPW42 wrote:I doubt that it will be the 3:30 long footage. If you remember, when we waited for The Dark Knight, there was a movie event where they showed a long footage from the film to the audience. I clearly remember that I've read an article about the footage, where the journalist wrote down what in this footage was, and this was the first point where anyone mentioned the dialogue between Two-Face and that corrupt cop he killed. You know:

- Half.

The journalist actually wrote down this dialogue in the article, and when we later saw the film it became clear that the journalist wasn't lying, they really saw an actual footage from the movie. But this footage never hit the average, wider audience. No trailer or TV Spot contained this dialogue, only this footage which was showed at this movie event. So I think this 3:30 long footage is the same thing. It was shown to a small audience but it won't be the 3rd trailer. I think the 3rd trailer will be about 2:30 long.
I think that was San Diego Comic-Con 2007, a full year before The Dark Knight's release.

jake088800 wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:I doubt that it will be the 3:30 long footage. If you remember, when we waited for The Dark Knight, there was a movie event where they showed a long footage from the film to the audience. I clearly remember that I've read an article about the footage, where the journalist wrote down what in this footage was, and this was the first point where anyone mentioned the dialogue between Two-Face and that corrupt cop he killed. You know:

- Half.

I think that was San Diego Comic-Con 2007, a full year before The Dark Knight's release.
No, it was Wizard World Chicago, August 08.

- Half.

Actually, that footage was later released during the TDK viral games around a month before TDK came out. Check out the date on this blog post:

http://batman-dark-knight.moviechronicl ... e-footage/

June 16, 2008.

filmfanatic wrote:
You mean 2007. TDK came out in July 2008 so the footage wouldn't have been "exclusive" in August of 2008. Here's a link to the Wizard World footage from August 2007 (Two-Face is at the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rw3-0BOyXo

BatMotor wrote:The runtime of the trailer will be 2:30minutes,but it can also be if we have luck,that the trailer will be the 3minutes one 8-)
Most likely. :D

redfirebird2008 wrote:

- Half.

Actually, that footage was later released during the TDK viral games around a month before TDK came out. Check out the date on this blog post:

http://batman-dark-knight.moviechronicl ... e-footage/

June 16, 2008.

filmfanatic wrote:
You mean 2007. TDK came out in July 2008 so the footage wouldn't have been "exclusive" in August of 2008. Here's a link to the Wizard World footage from August 2007 (Two-Face is at the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rw3-0BOyXo
Yes, I meant 2007. My apologies. I was there for that footage screening... it was incredible. The energy in the crowd was stupendous.

this trailer will show us a lot more than the two previous trailers. it has to show us more, cause the general audience needs to get excited about this movie. iron man 2 will attract a lot of movie goers and this will probably be the last big chance in cinema to promote inception. i expect a big trailer...

filmfanatic wrote: Yes, I meant 2007. My apologies. I was there for that footage screening... it was incredible. The energy in the crowd was stupendous.
Lucky bastage. :P

Christopher Nolan wrote:this trailer will show us a lot more than the two previous trailers. it has to show us more, cause the general audience needs to get excited about this movie. iron man 2 will attract a lot of movie goers and this will probably be the last big chance in cinema to promote inception. i expect a big trailer...
totally agree with you

How convenient. Warner Bros. recently changed their exhibitors website over to WB411.com and they're only showing trailer placements on that website, which I do not have an account for. I think they realized that anyone could make an account at their old site. No more knowing in advance the trailers :(