Damon Lindelof on Inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I went and saw Inception five times. Each time I see it I change my mind as to whether or not it was all Cobb's dream. And I'm not sure Christopher Nolan wants me to have a clear answer on that. If you said to me there was a DVD where Nolan answers it on the commentary, I wouldn't want to listen to it. He wants me to decide for myself. Maybe it feels like a cop-out, but that's the kind of storytelling that turns me on.
Very true.

I agree with Damon.

Curious about Vader's thoughts on this, knowing how much he likes Lindelof.

Lindelof. :lol:
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:Lindelof. :lol:
Is a genius.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
ryan4butler wrote:Lindelof. :lol:
Is a genius.

Allstar wrote:
I went and saw Inception five times. Each time I see it I change my mind as to whether or not it was all Cobb's dream. And I'm not sure Christopher Nolan wants me to have a clear answer on that. If you said to me there was a DVD where Nolan answers it on the commentary, I wouldn't want to listen to it. He wants me to decide for myself. Maybe it feels like a cop-out, but that's the kind of storytelling that turns me on.
Very true.
So Lindelof is implying that he likes ambiguity, as it leaves the viewer thinking about what they just saw even after the credits roll.

So...why did he and his staff try to put a nice little bow on "Lost"? Imagine that, in the last scene,
right before Jack closes his eyes for the last time, you could see the Smoke Monster go by in the reflection in his eyes? Wouldn't that still be talked about today?