Ellen Page was worthless in this...

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows Dom Cobb and his subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Posts: 13622
Joined: June 2009
Location: Florida
I lot of you guys were agreeing with this back in 2010...

Posts: 18329
Joined: February 2011
chee wrote:I lot of you guys were agreeing with this back in 2010...
Chee.
Shut up.
Please.
:shifty:

Posts: 15239
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
chee wrote:I lot of you guys were agreeing with this back in 2010...
but the intentions of the OP are pretty obvious, judging by the 2nd thread he's created this evening

Posts: 13622
Joined: June 2009
Location: Florida
prince0gotham wrote:
chee wrote:I lot of you guys were agreeing with this back in 2010...
but the intentions of the OP are pretty obvious, judging by the 2nd thread he's created this evening
Yeah, I noticed.

I'll get rid of him if he keeps this up.

WHAT DID I SAY?

Posts: 19202
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
I agree that Ellen Page wasn't perfect for the role, but her character is completely mis-understood. She was a human metaphor for the audience because she didn't know these things are Dream-Sharing so she kept on asking questions, becuase it's the same with the audience.

Posts: 90
Joined: March 2012
Yes. Ultimately she was Neo lost in the rabbit hole.

Posts: 483
Joined: February 2012
Ariadne is also there to push Cobb to deal with his past. This is, as we know, what the movie is actually about. The true inception taking place is not the Cillian Murphy-stuff but rather Cobb forgiving himself for his wife's death and letting go. He does this with the help of Ellen Page's character.

I'm sorry, but some guys (and specifically guys of a certain age) seem to have a problem relating to, or fuck, even *tolerating* some sort of female presence in the movies they watch. Especially big blockbusters and action movies it seems.

Posts: 30
Joined: March 2012
BlairCo wrote:I agree that Ellen Page wasn't perfect for the role, but her character is completely mis-understood. She was a human metaphor for the audience because she didn't know these things are Dream-Sharing so she kept on asking questions, becuase it's the same with the audience.
Which is essentially what I said. I think it's lazy, and just dumbs everything down.

Posts: 30
Joined: March 2012
Insomniac wrote:Ariadne is also there to push Cobb to deal with his past. This is, as we know, what the movie is actually about. The true inception taking place is not the Cillian Murphy-stuff but rather Cobb forgiving himself for his wife's death and letting go. He does this with the help of Ellen Page's character.

I'm sorry, but some guys (and specifically guys of a certain age) seem to have a problem relating to, or fuck, even *tolerating* some sort of female presence in the movies they watch. Especially big blockbusters and action movies it seems.
It's not about her being female. I actually enjoyed Mal as a character, because she had some depth of her own, and was developed. Also, Cotillard's performance was wonderful.

Ariadne on the other had was just an artificial device, used to justify all of the clunky exposition. Cobb could have easily figured that shit out on his own, without annoying little Ariadne there to ram it down our throats. All she did was walk around, whine, and ask questions in place of the audience.

Post Reply