Ellen Page was worthless in this...

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I am a bit of an Inception fanboy so I may be biast :modesty:

Ariadne was utilized quite brilliantly by Nolan as a common cinematic character- us. Had she and her lack of knowledge (and desire to seek it) been absent, we would have very much been lost throughout the film. So would have Cobb, who more or less gains the courage to move on from Mal's death through Ariadne.

Page's character was definitely not worthless, for those two reasons:

1) She helps us understand the procedure of inception/extraction by asking questions we have ourselves, and
2) She influences Cobb to move on and forget Mal- had he not, they would have been all stuck in limbo.

:leoface:

ragul712 wrote:I am a bit of an Inception fanboy so I may be biast :modesty:

Ariadne was utilized quite brilliantly by Nolan as a common cinematic character- us. Had she and her lack of knowledge (and desire to seek it) been absent, we would have very much been lost throughout the film. So would have Cobb, who more or less gains the courage to move on from Mal's death through Ariadne.

1) She helps us understand the procedure of inception/extraction by asking questions we have ourselves, and
2) She influences Cobb to move on and forget Mal- had he not, they would have been all stuck in limbo.

Eh, some lame excuses right there.

1) We don't need such a lame character(device...) basically dumbing everything down for the audience, only there to serve that purpose, and not really have much else to offer. She isn't developed herself, and has no real character, or depth.

2) This is how Nolan justifies her existence, but I argue that she really wasn't needed at all. Once again she's designed to be there to serve as a counter for justifying exposition, and an anchor for Cobb's emotional struggle. I'd rather that she wasn't in the film, because all her character does is serve as the audience. Cobb could figure that shit on his own, while we can see his struggle, rather than have it explained to us through Ariadne.

Oblong_Box wrote:
ragul712 wrote:I am a bit of an Inception fanboy so I may be biast :modesty:

Eh, some lame excuses right there.

1) We don't need such a lame character(device...) basically dumbing everything down for the audience, only there to serve that purpose, and not really have much else to offer. She isn't developed herself, and has no real character, or depth.

2) This is how Nolan justifies her existence, but I argue that she really wasn't needed at all. Once again she's designed to be there to serve as a counter for justifying exposition, and an anchor for Cobb's emotional struggle. I'd rather that she wasn't in the film, because all her character does is serve as the audience. Cobb could figure that shit on his own, while we can see his struggle, rather than have it explained to us through Ariadne.
How about you go fuck yourself?

Hating on certain aspects here is like hating on the Star Wars prequels among its fanboys. It will not get you anywhere oblong. I see you already have gotten a thread about yourself...gee

the character was decent on the page. But Page just sucked at acting in this movie, which probably contributed to the impression that the character sucked

Meraxes wrote:Hating on certain aspects here is like hating on the Star Wars prequels among its fanboys. It will not get you anywhere oblong. I see you already have gotten a thread about yourself...gee
You are not contributing anything here. You just come here to hate, obviously, go away.

solo2001 wrote:This thread is retarded and no one should contribute to it.
"When art imitates life"

Mason wrote:You just come here to hate, obviously, go away.
Like you are any different towards the poster with your "contributions"...
mchekhov wrote:the character was decent on the page. But Page just sucked at acting in this movie, which probably contributed to the impression that the character sucked
this is true.

Meraxes wrote:
Mason wrote:You just come here to hate, obviously, go away.
Like you are any different towards the poster....
Like I said, you're a noob, you know nothing of this forum, and you're acting like you do.

Unless you're Fernando.

So, go away. Thanks.

Mason wrote:
Meraxes wrote:
Like you are any different towards the poster....
Like I said, you're a noob, you know nothing of this forum, and you're acting like you do.

Unless you're Fernando.

So, go away. Thanks.
You said I was not contributing to this thread, although I agree somewhat with checkov and oblong. What did you contribute with? I see nothing but pure intolerance and hate in your desperate replies.