Ellen Page was worthless in this...

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I lot of you guys were agreeing with this back in 2010...

chee wrote:I lot of you guys were agreeing with this back in 2010...
Chee.
Shut up.
Please.
:shifty:

but the intentions of the OP are pretty obvious, judging by the 2nd thread he's created this evening

prince0gotham wrote:
but the intentions of the OP are pretty obvious, judging by the 2nd thread he's created this evening
Yeah, I noticed.

I'll get rid of him if he keeps this up.

WHAT DID I SAY?

I agree that Ellen Page wasn't perfect for the role, but her character is completely mis-understood. She was a human metaphor for the audience because she didn't know these things are Dream-Sharing so she kept on asking questions, becuase it's the same with the audience.

Yes. Ultimately she was Neo lost in the rabbit hole.

Ariadne is also there to push Cobb to deal with his past. This is, as we know, what the movie is actually about. The true inception taking place is not the Cillian Murphy-stuff but rather Cobb forgiving himself for his wife's death and letting go. He does this with the help of Ellen Page's character.

I'm sorry, but some guys (and specifically guys of a certain age) seem to have a problem relating to, or fuck, even *tolerating* some sort of female presence in the movies they watch. Especially big blockbusters and action movies it seems.

BlairCo wrote:I agree that Ellen Page wasn't perfect for the role, but her character is completely mis-understood. She was a human metaphor for the audience because she didn't know these things are Dream-Sharing so she kept on asking questions, becuase it's the same with the audience.
Which is essentially what I said. I think it's lazy, and just dumbs everything down.

Insomniac wrote:Ariadne is also there to push Cobb to deal with his past. This is, as we know, what the movie is actually about. The true inception taking place is not the Cillian Murphy-stuff but rather Cobb forgiving himself for his wife's death and letting go. He does this with the help of Ellen Page's character.

I'm sorry, but some guys (and specifically guys of a certain age) seem to have a problem relating to, or fuck, even *tolerating* some sort of female presence in the movies they watch. Especially big blockbusters and action movies it seems.
It's not about her being female. I actually enjoyed Mal as a character, because she had some depth of her own, and was developed. Also, Cotillard's performance was wonderful.

Ariadne on the other had was just an artificial device, used to justify all of the clunky exposition. Cobb could have easily figured that shit out on his own, without annoying little Ariadne there to ram it down our throats. All she did was walk around, whine, and ask questions in place of the audience.