Could Inception be turned into an Epic Trilogy?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Just give us a fantastic video game, fuck the sequels.
@sammyjankis88

The only reason why I wouldn't want to see a sequel/prequel/spin-off, is becuase I don't want the ending of Inception to fell irrelevant and redundant.

But if I had a reason to want only a 'prequel', it would be just to see how everything came together. Things like:
- How Mal and Cobb met.
- How Cobb learnt about extraction.
- Cobb's friendship with Professor Miles.
- Cobb and Arthur's work companionship.
- The Origin of Dream Sharing.

But if a prequel were to be made, I would want 0% of evidence showing whether the ending of Inception was a dream or reality.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=52442
The email I received (the source wishes to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) wrote that WB are desperate for Nolan to film Inception 2 after The Dark Knight Rises, and he said that the movie will kind of be a retcon, as none of the characters from the first movie will return. Instead, it is focusing on the military aspect of dream-sharing. WB want to make a franchise out of it, with the basic plotline of the movies being the military fighting terrorists using dream-sharing. The plot of the second movie would be, "Rumors spread that a group of people managed to pull off Inception, and middle-eastern terrorists soon catch onto the idea and plan to perform Inception on world leaders, forcing them to dissolve law and order". He said that Nolan isn't too keen on the idea because he wants to pursue original material but if he passes on it WB will simply pick a new director and move forward on the project without him.
:|

Dragon_316ca wrote:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=52442
The email I received (the source wishes to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) wrote that WB are desperate for Nolan to film Inception 2 after The Dark Knight Rises, and he said that the movie will kind of be a retcon, as none of the characters from the first movie will return. Instead, it is focusing on the military aspect of dream-sharing. WB want to make a franchise out of it, with the basic plotline of the movies being the military fighting terrorists using dream-sharing. The plot of the second movie would be, "Rumors spread that a group of people managed to pull off Inception, and middle-eastern terrorists soon catch onto the idea and plan to perform Inception on world leaders, forcing them to dissolve law and order". He said that Nolan isn't too keen on the idea because he wants to pursue original material but if he passes on it WB will simply pick a new director and move forward on the project without him.
:|
:facepalm:

That is all.

I hope they don't expect Chris to direct that
"When art imitates life"

Can any movie stay as one and not a bunch of prequels, sequels, spin offs or whatever. Please leave Inception alone. I hope Nolan doesn't even entertain this idea.

I'd only accept an Inception sequel if it came from one of the previous drafts of Inception Nolan had written before he met DiCaprio - and advanced versions of them of course because Nolan didn't feel like they were working beforehand. Like, for example, one of his drafts involved Inception being a horror story, while another was sort of on a large scale and followed different levels of the corporate espionage involved.

I would love to see another Inception movie as long as it was a prequel and that it would be just as unique, dramatic and suspenseful as the first one without being a cash in (aka sequel crap). Sadly, this would be a nearly impossible feat, but hey, I can dream can't I?

Hopefully it remains a stand alone film (as the original Matrix should have been) and no sequels/prequels are ever made.

Egami wrote:Hopefully it remains a stand alone film (as the original Matrix should have been) and no sequels/prequels are ever made.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."