Could Inception be turned into an Epic Trilogy?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
It would be different but I'm fine with Inception as it is.I don't want it to lose that originality and more importantly I want Nolan to move on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan made an Inception sequel way in the future. Similar to what Ridley is doing with Blade Runner.

Isn't it already a trilogy between the two graphic novels and the film...that makes three.

A sequel to Inception would be pointless in my opinion. The film is a masterpiece, there's no need to add anything to it.

Altough I think Nolan will develop the Inception philosophy through his next projects, which, I hope, will be very different from his last three films.

I don't want Inception sequels or a trilogy, at least not directly. I want Inception to stay as a stand alone film. But it would be a crime for other writers and directors to not make films influenced by Inception that explore this concept of planting and stealing ideas from people minds. (it has been touched on just not done as well as Inception did.)

I want to see more films based on this concept within the next ten years, just not directly related to the film INCEPTION which should stand alone.

The only way a sequel to inception could work is if it was with different Characters but set in the world that uses the technology. I guess the visual elements are endless... but could be pointless.

Don't worry guys... I'm sitting on my Sci-fi Master-piece Future Perfect. It'll beat Inception Down!! to the ground!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nolan wouldn't disrespect his own film, so having fears like many of those are silly. I dunno, I see an entirely new narrative, possibly with some characters from the film, possibly not, taking full potential of the rules and mechanics he's set up, and expands upon them.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Nolan wouldn't disrespect his own film, so having fears like many of those are silly. I dunno, I see an entirely new narrative, possibly with some characters from the film, possibly not, taking full potential of the rules and mechanics he's set up, and expands upon them.

-Vader
I don't know. A huge argument by people who think Leo was dreaming the whole time is that the supporting characters aren't fleshed out. Including them in another narrative would disprove that, and chip away at the incredible impact of the final frame.

Although, something like what IWFNM's mentioned would be neat. A prequel with entirely different characters. An exploration of how dream sharing came to be, which was only mentioned in passing in Inception. That would be interesting.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Nolan wouldn't disrespect his own film, so having fears like many of those are silly. I dunno, I see an entirely new narrative, possibly with some characters from the film, possibly not, taking full potential of the rules and mechanics he's set up, and expands upon them.

-Vader
I don't know. A huge argument by people who think Leo was dreaming the whole time is that the supporting characters aren't fleshed out. Including them in another narrative would disprove that, and chip away at the incredible impact of the final frame.

Although, something like what IWFNM's mentioned would be neat. A prequel with entirely different characters. An exploration of how dream sharing came to be, which was only mentioned in passing in Inception. That would be interesting.
Yeah, something like that isn't out of bounds with what I'm talking about, I think that would be really interesting. Like, what if it's an entirely different narrative, not just another 'mission', but something perhaps tied to its military backing, etc. Wouldn't it be nuts if Nolan made his first 'war film' within the world of Inception? That's the type of thing I'm talking about, he basically has a world in which he can tell any story he wants to and literally let his imagination run wild. Plus, even having those characters in the film be manifestations wouldn't necessarily mean they weren't real characters in the narrative. Look at Mal, Cobb recognized she was merely a 'shade' of his former wife (someone who obviously existed), so all the other characters could be 'shades' of their real life selves to.

I dunno, the more I think about this the more I think he could do something amazing with it.

-Vader
Last edited by Vader182 on October 23rd, 2011, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vader182 wrote:-Vader

-Vader
Waiting for the day you would do that.

If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.