Could Inception be turned into an Epic Trilogy?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I could see some powerful political or criminal group threatening to use the dream sharing technology to manipulate society in some way, it would make for an interesting "good vs bad" type storyline that epics have. Not to mention there's so many other themes and aspects that can be explored regarding Inception's philosophy and overall concept. Nolan could really go pretty deep into Cobb's conflict. (assuming he would want to do that)

I mean, I would love to see Nolan make an epic saga of equal depth and scale of Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, and Star Wars.

(I'm a sucker for these types of movies)

I'm in strange states of mind when it comes down to this. One half of me wants Inception to stay as a stand alone film, completely unique and original that will be remembered forever for being the one and only. But the other half of me wants a sequel, or a trilogy of sorts, because I believe there is so much more thing to explore in this other reality, concerning the dream machine and other organisations, as well as other lead characters outside of Cobb.

Not without completely destroying the intrigue of the film.

Inception is the perfect blockbuster film to leave alone and not rape with needless sequels like The Matrix and Star Wars. The story doesn't need a sequel. We had perfect closure with a mystifying ending, ruining that would be pointless.

Mason wrote:I'm in strange states of mind when it comes down to this. One half of me wants Inception to stay as a stand alone film, completely unique and original that will be remembered forever for being the one and only. But the other half of me wants a sequel, or a trilogy of sorts, because I believe there is so much more thing to explore in this other reality, concerning the dream machine and other organisations, as well as other lead characters outside of Cobb.
I'm in the same situation.

As others brought up, there's always the possibility of having a new protagonist who could play the lead in a new trilogy based on Inception's world. I would just really love to see Inception's concept get the epic treatment, but as you said, I also love how Inception is a stand alone film.

Crazy Eight wrote:Not without completely destroying the intrigue of the film.

Inception is the perfect blockbuster film to leave alone and not rape with needless sequels like The Matrix and Star Wars. The story doesn't need a sequel. We had perfect closure with a mystifying ending, ruining that would be pointless.
Mhm, as I said above, I partially share the same feelings. I was a little uneasy the first time I heard someone mentioning a sequel.

Another thing, as Crazy pointed out, is the ending. It left the audience completely on edge, it's the perfect cliffhanger. I think, any sort of follow up, would destroy that magic.

But then again, depending on how Nolan approaches a sequel, if he does, then he may execute it in such a way that the ending isn't ruined at all.

Mason wrote:
But then again, depending on how Nolan approaches a sequel, if he does, then he may execute it in such a way that the ending isn't ruined at all.
Yup, there's one thing I've learned from being a fan of Nolan... never underestimate his ability to make seemingly impossible shit work out in the end.

If Nolan makes this into a franchise, the film's likely wouldn't be wholly relevant to one another, meaning films that took place in the same universe but were quite separate from Inception's story. I would fully back that idea, because it certainly has infinite potential of story possibilities.

-Vader

NO.In fact after TDKR I hope he never does a sequel again and brings something more original :goNF:

Mr. Caine wrote:NO.In fact after TDKR I hope he never does a sequel again and brings something more original :goNF:
You don't think what I said would make it different enough?

-Vader