Inception Paris location photos

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Hi fellow-Nolanfans,

Just registered here, great to see so many people enjoying Nolan's movies as much as I do.
Several weeks ago I went to Paris with a friend to check out some of the Inception film locations. As a photographer I wanted to see if I could 'imitate' some stills taken from the movie.

When we arrived at 'Rue Bouchut' the weather was a bit disappointing, but since we knew it wasn't going to be a lot better that day, we decided that there was no point to return later that day.

#1 - 'Café Debussy' is actually a lunch room called DaStuzzi, unfortunately it wasn't open that day, it would've looked a lot more welcoming!

#2 - The explosion scene, as you can see all buildings were neatly repaired! :D :facepalm: The building on the left was covered with the most ugly scaffolding I have ever seen, so that's why I kept that out of frame.

#3 - This is the shot where Paris folds on top of itself. As you can see there are a lot more cars in real life.

#4 - Unfortunately I didn't had a 15ft. crane on me.

(Twister, just lying on the street...)

We also went to the 'Pont de Bir-Hakeim', the bridge where Adriadne is 'woken up' by Mal. Bad luck the screenshots I had taken before, in some way weren't correctly stored to my phone. So I didn't really had an idea where the shots were taken exactly. Of course we took some photos there, but once home there were no good matches.

Unfortunate, but a good reason to go back in a while! ;)

Wow, that is awesome. Well done, you got the angles almost perfect. You are pretty lucky to be walking in the same areas as Leo, Ellen, Nolan and everyone else. What I'd give just to go there and see those locations...

Mason01 wrote:Wow, that is awesome. Well done, you got the angles almost perfect. You are pretty lucky to be walking in the same areas as Leo, Ellen, Nolan and everyone else. What I'd give just to go there and see those locations...
Yeah, I thought it was really cool walking there with the knowledge that dozens of people have been working at that spot on the fine piece of art Inception is. :)

Great pics :twothumbsup:

Nice, Paris is a lovely city. Been there quite a few times :)

Luuk wrote: Several weeks ago I went to Paris with a friend to check out some of the Inception film locations. As a photographer I wanted to see if I could 'imitate' some stills taken from the movie.
Mission accomplished! :thumbup:
Amazing pics.

Well done :twothumbsup:

And welcome :goNF:

Great shots. :twothumbsup:
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find this location in Paris? It would be nice to take this shot as well, the next time I'm there...

Wow, that's so rad! Seriously, I'd love to do that.

I can't tell you how many times I've wandered around locations in Chicago where TDK was filmed.

-Vader