Character Name

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Forgive me if this has already been said/pointed out but instead of scrolling through hundreds of posts finding something similar, I thought I'd just post it. I digress.

I watched the brilliant Following again last night and I realised that the name of Alex Haw's character shares the same name stated by IMDB that Leonardo DiCaprio will have in Inception, Cobb. Does anyone know anything about this or if it relates in anyway or is it just a coinsidence?

apw
I think some of those character names are surnames. They would seem to fit a surname more than a first name, in my opinion.

No, those are the actual names. The names are really weird. and cobb's wife's name is Maul or something like that. very strange.

They do sound much more like surnames.

Eternalist wrote:They do sound much more like surnames.
Well, they are NOT. The person who read the scripts - and whom the leaked info came from - said that those are the actual names. It is strange, but live with it. We don't even really know the absolute extent of the story. The names might mean something.

peteagassi wrote:
Well, they are NOT. The person who read the scripts - and whom the leaked info came from - said that those are the actual names. It is strange, but live with it. We don't even really know the absolute extent of the story. The names might mean something.
But, they do sound much more like surnames.

peteagassi wrote:
From what I know, those names came from a photo of a call sheet. Nothing specifies whether they're first names or surnames. And they do sound much more like surnames.

Another thing I noticed is that in the IMDB page, Marion Cotillard's character name has been changed from Lisa to Mal.