Michael Caine talks Inceptiom

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Not sure if this was posted here already.

Christopher Nolan is currently shooting his science fiction drama “Inception” in Los Angeles. No one involved in this project is allowed to talk about it. Nonetheless, when you’ve gotten to Michael Caine’s rung on the Hollywood ladder, it’s difficult to tell you what to do. Sir Michael did let a detail or two slip to Empire Online about his role in the top secret movie.

"I play a professor who's teaching a guy science," Sir Michael disclosed regarding his latest Nolan collaboration. "It's Leonardo diCaprio. He's going off to do a science project and he speaks to me before he goes."

While Caine wouldn't elaborate on exactly what that project involves, he had warm words for star Leonardo DiCaprio’s performance: "Leo is great. I've had a day with him [in London], he's wonderful."

Director Christopher Nolan behind the camera Photo: www.collider.com

Few involved on the project have even seen a complete script. Says Caine: "They wouldn't let me read the script. I only got my page. They're all very secretive!"

The cast of “Inception” also includes several other actors who have previously worked with Nolan, including Cillian Murphy and Ken Watanabe from “Batman Begins”, and Ellen Page (“Juno”, “Whip It”), Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Tom Berenger and Tom Hardy.

The movie is said to be a thriller featuring surreal action sequences reminiscent of “The Matrix”, and is rumored to have a premise where corporate bad guys can get inside your dreams to extract information. The teaser for “Inception” says that “your mind is the scene of the crime.”

Ellen Page and Leonardo DiCaprio on location for "Inception" Photo: zimbio.com

Nolan has a penchant for offbeat stories with unusual execution. “Memento” is a revenge drama about a man with a brain injury (Guy Pearce) that prevents him from forming new memories, and is told backwards, starting with the climax and working backwards to the beginning. “The Prestige,” a period drama about rival magicians, played by Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman, features numerous, bizarre plot twists that keep the audience off-balance.

Then of course there are “Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight,” which have almost reinvented the comic book adaptation.

“Inception” is expected to be a summer 2010 release.

Christopher Nolan is currently shooting his science fiction drama “Inception” in Los Angeles. No one involved in this project is allowed to talk about it. Nonetheless, when you’ve gotten to Michael Caine’s rung on the Hollywood ladder, it’s difficult to tell you what to do. Sir Michael did let a detail or two slip to Empire Online about his role in the top secret movie.

"I play a professor who's teaching a guy science," Sir Michael disclosed regarding his latest Nolan collaboration. "It's Leonardo diCaprio. He's going off to do a science project and he speaks to me before he goes."

While Caine wouldn't elaborate on exactly what that project involves, he had warm words for star Leonardo DiCaprio’s performance: "Leo is great. I've had a day with him [in London], he's wonderful."

Director Christopher Nolan behind the camera Photo: www.collider.com

Few involved on the project have even seen a complete script. Says Caine: "They wouldn't let me read the script. I only got my page. They're all very secretive!"

The cast of “Inception” also includes several other actors who have previously worked with Nolan, including Cillian Murphy and Ken Watanabe from “Batman Begins”, and Ellen Page (“Juno”, “Whip It”), Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Tom Berenger and Tom Hardy.

The movie is said to be a thriller featuring surreal action sequences reminiscent of “The Matrix”, and is rumored to have a premise where corporate bad guys can get inside your dreams to extract information. The teaser for “Inception” says that “your mind is the scene of the crime.”

Ellen Page and Leonardo DiCaprio on location for "Inception" Photo: zimbio.com

Nolan has a penchant for offbeat stories with unusual execution. “Memento” is a revenge drama about a man with a brain injury (Guy Pearce) that prevents him from forming new memories, and is told backwards, starting with the climax and working backwards to the beginning. “The Prestige,” a period drama about rival magicians, played by Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman, features numerous, bizarre plot twists that keep the audience off-balance.

Then of course there are “Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight,” which have almost reinvented the comic book adaptation.

“Inception” is expected to be a summer 2010 release.

More About: Science Fiction

I wouldn't take what anything Michael Caine says seriously. A few months ago, he did an interview with Incontention where he said, "Wait 'til you see this one. It's going to be amazing." And now he says he hasn't even read the script. WTF?!