INCEPTION Sequel Ideas and Stories

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Inception sequel:

Characters and Storyline

Characters: Steph ( Mila Kunis ), Arthur, Eames, Sgt. Plees (Jake Gylenhall), Yusef, Miles

Storyline: Military Extractor, Sgt. Donald Plees has become lost in some sort of paranoid state of Limbo. He has become an efficient executioner in the dream atmosphere. Only now, he has developed the ability to channel himself into any active PASIV machine.Originally assigned to stop other extractors and illegal use of PASIV devices, Donald now threatens the lives and sanity of every user.

Arthur and Eames witness Ari's execution but manage to escape the dream unharmed. They hire Steph as their new architect and get Yusef to give them a newly developed drug called Certa. Certa is a snake venom hallucinogenic mixed with anticoagulants that produce dreams that are much more flexible than Somnacin but also more difficult to control, exactly the environment needed to challenge the new master. Only, they don't have to look long as Donald quickly enters their dream rehearsals.

Level One Chase scene: The team is running away from zombie projections from Donald, they escape on bikes (doing some wild stunts), then as the projections chase on quads, the team transforms their bikes into black, fire-breathing horses. While climbing steep countrysides, Donald alters the horses into mutant mountain goats with pit-bull heads that begin to attack the team. Enter Donald on a living-sort of metal dragon. They escape to another dream level (only to return later of course).

Next level they stand at Stonehenge. Above them standing in mid-air are several large boulders ( smooth like ball bearings). As Donald and his two projections (both are identical visions of Donald) enter, the team climbs up,where Steph has constructed a huge 3-d maze clear as Plexiglas. As the projections chase, members of the team wait to launch the boulders down chutes.

In level three, only Arthur and Donald arrive. There is a large three-armed windmill spinning. Two of the arms have have a corpse of Donald tied to them. Arthur makes Donald think he has died. The River Styx and its crossing boat awaits. (Miles is Charon the boatman)
The purpose is to make Donald confused so as to use his totem, then it will be possible to copy his totem as they rise back up through the other levels, thereby trapping Donald in a false reality attached to the level one dream. But has Donald also built a false reality to trap the team?

When Arthur and Donald ride the kick back to level 2, the two projections of Donald are dead. However, Donald sets the entire glass cube spinning, causing all types of mayhem.

Feel free to offer suggestions or even entirely new sequel story-lines. If you like this story, what should the totem be? How about the kick music?

Interesting premise, I am curious as to how Donald can "channel" himself into the somnacin devices but your action ideas sound really awesome (the spinning cube maze idea sent my head spinning!). As for the totem, since Donald is military, perhaps it could be a bullet, maybe one he was shot with (giving it some sort of significance)? Awesome idea!

I see you slightly touched the horror element that Nolan originally intended, which, if there is a sequel, I want to see.

One words that Nolan speak and that was for the origin of inception:

NIGHTMARES! :twisted:

Thanks for the comments. I really like this site.
As for the comment on nightmares....exactly.
That was part of the inspiration for the black fire-breathing horses, nightmares.
Also why dreams can not or should not be 100% controllable.

For the totem idea about a secret bullet, I like where you were going.
How about we stick to that theme, a handgun with a small secret compartment.
Inside could be any small item. I'm thinking deep on this one. Thanks.
(Anyone seen the website that lists every weapon used in Inception?)

Anyone want Aerosmith's "Dream On" on the soundtrack?

How about a Batman reference? A bullet-sized toy...

Not me thanks! That kind of thing is cheap and jarring. Not to mention it's also Aerosmith.

I think a sequel based around dream 'levels' will have to be cleverer than the original.

I'm unsure about the idea of one person who can access any shared dream. However the opening could be wild and varied dreams of all different people being interrupted and this mysterious figure doing unexpected and unwanted stuff (However what real harm can he do in other people's dreams other than be a nuisance) - and I'd want to know why Arthur and Eames are going after him.
It would be interesting if, whilst they are in the dream world(s), someone else is conducting a real world search for Donald's real body to terminate him and put a stop to his antics. This is where we can cut between two storylines without copying the original dream-within-dream format too much.

author wrote:(Anyone seen the website that lists every weapon used in Inception?)

No I haven't seen the website that lists every weapon used in the movie, perhaps you could post a link to it?

As for the idea of using Aerosmith in the soundtrack, I really can't agree with it. Edith Piaf's "Non Je Ne Regrette Rien" was kinda the "basis" for the original score. If you wanted to change things up, you could have a new song be used as the musical countdown, but nothing so obvious as "Dream On." It reminds me of how every song in American Werewolf In London was about the moon, a funny *wink wink* to the audience but it detracts from the story a bit.

OK, skip Aerosmith. Nolan would rather use something British perhaps.
I've always loved the song, "I don't like Mondays".
Maybe the Animals, "We've got to get out of this place". (Is that the title or chorus?)

I am not sure of the weapon site, but do a search. They try to identify weapons in most popular films.

Yes, I am not too crazy about one person being able to access distant dreamers.
Perhaps, if he breaks into the actual room being used in reality. (sort of knock off the stewardess and actually links up.)
What if Ari wakes up from Limbo with her brains permanently scrambled? In a hospital bed, next to Mal.

Any storyline ideas are welcomed.

Weapons....cool pics of Inception.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Inception
Last edited by chee on February 26th, 2011, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't double post please. ;)

Awesome wiki of film weapons, thanks!

The song suggestions, once again, not what I'd think Nolan would pick (I didn't know we were going off on the idea of Nolan picking the song). I honestly don't have a clue what he'd pick, probably just stick with Edith Piaf's song, but then again, I'm not Nolan (though I'd love to be :D ).

As for storyline ideas, I've been knocking around the idea of what would happen if you plugged a comatose person to a somnacin device. The basis for this idea was that I pondered what being trapped in Limbo would be like, being in a coma came to my mind, and thus I wondered what would happen if, in the world of Inception, someone was trying to wake people from comas by going into the dream world to "wake them up" with a kick or something.

Avenuewriter wrote:Awesome wiki of film weapons, thanks!

The song suggestions, once again, not what I'd think Nolan would pick (I didn't know we were going off on the idea of Nolan picking the song). I honestly don't have a clue what he'd pick, probably just stick with Edith Piaf's song, but then again, I'm not Nolan (though I'd love to be :D ).

As for storyline ideas, I've been knocking around the idea of what would happen if you plugged a comatose person to a somnacin device. The basis for this idea was that I pondered what being trapped in Limbo would be like, being in a coma came to my mind, and thus I wondered what would happen if, in the world of Inception, someone was trying to wake people from comas by going into the dream world to "wake them up" with a kick or something.
That wouldn't work in most cases.You can't heal brain injury by giving a 'kick'.
gib sigs