What problems/issues you had with Inception?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Vader182 wrote:Steve said what I was trying to but it appears far better, haha.

Yeah, the only mistake is that during the van tumbling sequence, the bodies would've been flying all over the room, causing them to smack into everything.
And what about Arthur's "couple minutes" in the hotel level?Cobb said:Arthur has a couple minutes--->But he has an hour(fighting,planting bombs....)That's a mistake too.Or not?

Vader182 wrote:Yeah, the only mistake is that during the van tumbling sequence, the bodies would've been flying all over the room, causing them to smack into everything.
But I would think that shifts in gravity in the van would only affect the dream as a whole, not the individual dreamers. This is why the entire hotel was shifting.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Yeah, the only mistake is that during the van tumbling sequence, the bodies would've been flying all over the room, causing them to smack into everything.
But I would think that shifts in gravity in the van would only affect the dream as a whole, not the individual dreamers. This is why the entire hotel was shifting.
What do you mean? Arthur and the guys he was fighting had to keep up with the gravity shifting so they wouldn't fall all over the place, why wouldn't the people connected to the dream machine fall all over the place too?

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but there's one plot point I just can't wrap my head around.

In the first dream level, Fischer clearly sees Saito's face (when Saito points a gun at him in the cab).
Why then doesn't Fischer seem to recognize Saito in the third level?

Lynn wrote:Sorry if this has already been brought up, but there's one plot point I just can't wrap my head around.

In the first dream level, Fischer clearly sees Saito's face (when Saito points a gun at him in the cab).
Why then doesn't Fischer seem to recognize Saito in the third level?
Fischer doesn't know who Saito is. And you don't remember details from your dreams very easily.

Thanks for replying, steveportee. :)

I'm fine with Fischer not knowing who Saito is IRL. I didn't mean Fischer should have recognized Saito in the first dream level, or on the plane after the inception mission. What I meant was, why didn't Fischer remember Saito from one dream level to another? He did remember the kidnapping when Cobb prompted him in the hotel level.

Had he already forgotten about it again when he entered the snow fortress level?
Was the face of one of his kidnappers really a detail he could easily forget about?

Why would Cobb and Arthur wear masks in the first level if they knew Fischer couldn't recognize them in the lower levels anyway? On the other hand, why would Eames write 528491 on the napkin in the hotel level, if he were sure Fischer remembered it from the interrogation?
Ok, I'm officially confused. :? :D

Lynn wrote:Thanks for replying, steveportee. :)

I'm fine with Fischer not knowing who Saito is IRL. I didn't mean Fischer should have recognized Saito in the first dream level, or on the plane after the inception mission. What I meant was, why didn't Fischer remember Saito from one dream level to another? He did remember the kidnapping when Cobb prompted him in the hotel level.

Had he already forgotten about it again when he entered the snow fortress level?
Was the face of one of his kidnappers really a detail he could easily forget about?

Why would Cobb and Arthur wear masks in the first level if they knew Fischer couldn't recognize them in the lower levels anyway? On the other hand, why would Eames write 528491 on the napkin in the hotel level, if he were sure Fischer remembered it from the interrogation?
Ok, I'm officially confused. :? :D
Fischer does remember being kidnapped, but he only vaguely remembers the details. By the time they get to the snow fortress level, they are 2 dream levels down from the kidnapping dream, and by then, Fischer has probably already forgotten what Saito looks like. Remember, he only got a quick glance at him, and was under a lot of stress. He was probably more focused on the gun pointed at him, rather than on the details of Saito's face.

As for the 528491 number, it's not a number Fischer consciously remembers, it something from his subconscious. So they keep reminding him of the number almost subliminally. Remember, the number came from Fischer, so it's something that is already from his own subconscious. They are just subtly reinforcing the number into his subconscious.

Hmmm, you're right, it's different with the number.
steveportee wrote:Fischer does remember being kidnapped, but he only vaguely remembers the details. By the time they get to the snow fortress level, they are 2 dream levels down from the kidnapping dream, and by then, Fischer has probably already forgotten what Saito looks like. Remember, he only got a quick glance at him, and was under a lot of stress. He was probably more focused on the gun pointed at him, rather than on the details of Saito's face.
You got a point here. Fischer never sees Saito in the hotel, he basically only meets Cobb and Arthur in both the first and the second level (so maybe that's why they need masks in Yusuf's dream). Thanks again! :)

This movie is full of logic errors. Sure you can try to explain most of them away, but let's be honest... it's not a perfect movie, logic-wise. I'm sure that making it "perfect" with every single fact lining up and making sense would have been impossible, and the story would have been sacrificed in order to keep the facts straight. But that's what i love about it... the drama takes precedence over the technical details, and that's what's most important. Who cares if there should have been zero gravity in the snow dream? Simply enjoy the masterpiece without nitpicking!

All that being said, the only "mistake" that distracted me was that one shot in limbo when Cobb and Mal are all old because they've been there for 50 years, and later when they're on the tracks, they're totally young again.

I suspect that been explained away before; shoot me for being out of the loop. ;)

PseudoHawk wrote: All that being said, the only "mistake" that distracted me was that one shot in limbo when Cobb and Mal are all old because they've been there for 50 years, and later when they're on the tracks, they're totally young again.

I suspect that been explained away before; shoot me for being out of the loop. ;)
You've got it backwards: they show them as young first, but then reveal them as old at the end of the movie. And it definitely isn't a mistake, it's clearly something that Nolan did on purpose.