What problems/issues you had with Inception?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Yeah, I'd have to agree that this is his most powerful emotional movie yet.

Just start up the last 15 or so minutes of that movie and I'll be on the floor crying like a freakin' toddler.

This and BB are his most emotionally powerful films.

Master Virgo wrote:This and BB are his most emotionally powerful films.
The last 45 minutes of TDKR (specifically the last five minutes of it) might have something to say about that. You could argue that Rises as a whole was more emotionally powerful than Begins. Begins was very powerful in this way in the first 40 minutes. Rises was strong emotionally throughout and then especially in the last 50 minutes. Examples include: Bruce-Alfred argument plus goodbye, pit climb, Bane saving young Talia, Talia stabbing Bruce, hero can be anyone, Batman "dying" as he saved Gotham from annihilation, Bruce's funeral, Alfred crying, and finally the ending montage with Gordon finding a restored Bat-signal, Blake taking up the mantle of the Dark Knight, and finally a happy Alfred nodding to the finally happy Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle.

IMO Rises is the most emotional of the Batman trilogy and more so than Inception as well. Which is not to say that BB and Inception were not. Just that Rises was more, in my opinion. But yes, the fact that Inception is only heralded as a technical and creative masterpiece really ticks me off because it has beautiful human interactions and themes in it.

zimmerman12 wrote:I personally understand that criticism. I didn't relate to Cobb in any positive way. He wasn't a likeable character, after all he was a thief. Not to mention the fact that he incepted a false idea into Fischer's mind, that was pretty fucked up in my mind. But yeah, Inception maginificent to look at and well crafted.
Actually, Eames literally says: "No. We repair his relationship with his father, while exposing his godfather’s true nature. We should be charging Fischer a lot more than Saito on this job."

Also, THIS IS A MOVIE ABOUT THE LOSS OF A WIFE AND THE GRIEVING PROCESS. It's also about the father-son-relationship and keeping your grasp on reality. How is this not emotional?

Really, don't let the complexity of this movie fool you. Inception has so many layers (like it has many dream layers, nice analogy), I'm not surprised it took Christopher Nolan ten years to develop his ideas.

When you've watched Inception just once, I can imagine you didn't pay attention to all the aspects of this movie. That's why you need to watch it multiple times to fully understand how deep it really is.

Devica wrote:
zimmerman12 wrote:I personally understand that criticism. I didn't relate to Cobb in any positive way. He wasn't a likeable character, after all he was a thief. Not to mention the fact that he incepted a false idea into Fischer's mind, that was pretty fucked up in my mind. But yeah, Inception maginificent to look at and well crafted.
Actually, Eames literally says: "No. We repair his relationship with his father, while exposing his godfather’s true nature. We should be charging Fischer a lot more than Saito on this job."

Also, THIS IS A MOVIE ABOUT THE LOSS OF A WIFE AND THE GRIEVING PROCESS. It's also about the father-son-relationship and keeping your grasp on reality. How is this not emotional?

Really, don't let the complexity of this movie fool you. Inception has so many layers (like it has many dream layers, nice analogy), I'm not surprised it took Christopher Nolan ten years to develop his ideas.

When you've watched Inception just once, I can imagine you didn't pay attention to all the aspects of this movie. That's why you need to watch it multiple times to fully understand how deep it really is.
boom. exactly.

cobb might've done some wrong things but i don't think of him as a completely dislikable character

I found the whole father-son relationship and returning-to-his-kids aspect of the film far more emotionally powerful than the husband-and-wife business.
Do you... like pineapple?

Greetings

This thread is made of a few threads merged together, regarding any gripes (negative comments) you might have with Inception.

So the way it works is that you post your comment but make sure to specify your complaint in the subject of your post. Then others can respond by using the same subject or by quoting, which uses the same subject automatically. Hopefully it won't get too confusing since it's rare for multiple negative threads being active simultaneously in this section. Think of it as a general thread for negative things about Inception.

Please do not troll - meaning justify your statements.

Thanks.

Questions. Questions. Questions. Questions. Questions. Questions. Questions. Questions. Questions. Questions. Questions.

But besides that it's exceptional.
Do you... like pineapple?

Devica wrote:
Yes, but that "repaired relationship" is a total fabrication. Which would be bad enough, but at least understandable, if that fabrication had been created out of a sincere desire to help Fischer, but it wasn't: it's an almost sociopathically cynical attempt to scam an emotionally vulnerable person out of his inheritance. Sure, Saito claims it's ultimately all for the greater good (THE GREATER GOOD!), but Saito's shady as hell, so why would you believe him?

I should stress, though, that none of this is actually a problem for me; on the contrary, the troubling morality of the whole thing makes the film more interesting to me, and it's weirdly refreshing that nobody onscreen spends any significant amount of time wringing their hands and wailing about how wrong this all is (okay, yes, Ariadne has the odd misgiving, and also appears to be the only one even remotely concerned with Fischer's wellbeing, but she never really voices any strong objections and by the end seems to have silenced those qualms entirely). The film basically seems to trust that its audience is intelligent enough to know that what Cobb and Co. are doing isn't entirely on the level, and thus doesn't feel the need to force-feed them the message that Brainwashing Is A Bad Thing.

There's a bit too much exposition. Ariadne's character needed a better motivation and depth.

Apart from that I love the movie.