What problems/issues you had with Inception?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I love the way it cuts. I noticed it on my first viewing. I think instead of trying to milk it he wanted it to happen fast. It's an unexpected cut. Much like the whole situation was unexpected to Cobb. Shows how fast things can happen/change.

imo
Say Girl

Forum Pro
Law
Cilogy wrote:
Law wrote: Word is after Cobb yells "Mal no!, jesus christ!! .. " As he leans forward his foot slips off the window sill and he falls out of the window but catches himself. He then pulls himself back inside the room whilst crying
Wait seriously?
No.

The only problem i had was that this film was robbed at the academy awards .

Rob Ager took a break from Kubrick and decided to rag on Nolan.

The exposition problem is well known but otherwise there's some food for thought.

The irony is for all he calls out Inception for its obvious use of theme, plot, and generic uncreative dreams, he seemingly missed the fundamental things Nolan tried to achieve in the film. We all know it's got enough exposition for my grandma to understand it, but that's high-school grade criticism. Doesn't he, or others for that matter, realize Nolan chose to make so much of the dreams realistic so when there are incredibly surreal things, your brain doesn't even register them as surreal...exactly. It makes the normal abnormal and the abnormal normal. It's a clever trick, one somehow ignored or missed by many.

It's also a bogus ignorance on the part of Ager to not realize the many parallels between Inception and Solaris, and how both films are more interested in faith, reality, and the human spirit than the nature of dreams themselves. This is made evident by constantly critiquing the dream-logic of the film to be more like Cronenberg instead of talking about why the film functions the way it does and evaluating whether that gets the points across in the best way possible. He also fails to understand that even with all that expository dialogue, most audiences struggled to follow the ins and outs of the story. If there was much less exposition, it may have alienated a potentially big portion of the intended demographic.

I love this guy, but he reaches more than he doesn't, and after this video his arms must be tired.

-Vader

lol. I really did expect this from Ager. His alternatives are appalling.

the concept of zero gravity itself is wrong. the gravity is always 9.8 m/s^2 whether you are falling or standing.

sreelal wrote:the concept of zero gravity itself is wrong. the gravity is always 9.8 m/s^2 whether you are falling or standing.
No, it isn't.

the only problem with the movie was that i was not taking the movie seriously at first, later i found that the movie is getting interested then i started it from the beginning and started watching it from the start.

So, we can say i have to watch it twice to understand the concept of movie, though the movie was very nice, it was unique

vioozhd1a wrote:the only problem with the movie was that i was not taking the movie seriously at first, later i found that the movie is getting interested then i started it from the beginning and started watching it from the start.

So, we can say i have to watch it twice to understand the concept of movie, though the movie was very nice, it was unique
:eh: