What problems/issues you had with Inception?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Late to the party and most that can be said has been but my two penn'orth is that a train crashing through the hotel corridor or careering down the side of the mountain would be stupid.

As a 'badass' piece of action there's plenty going on elsewhere (e.g. the zero-G fisticuffs and dropping elevator in the hotel level, or the avalanche, snowmobile chase, gunfights and 'splosions in the snowy fortress level) to keep us entertained.

As a depiction of Cobb's unstable subconscious I took the train's appearance to be a reaction to his fundamental shock (explicitly expressed when he loses it with Arthur in the hideout) at the attack on them by Fischer's trained subconscious, which he didn't expect. Once he realises what they're up against he kind of gets on top of the situation. Of course, he can't keep Mal out but I don't see any opportunity later on for anything to surprise him on that scale. The train (linked as it is to Cobb and Mal dying in a dream) also shows his absolute fear of Limbo (which is where he'd go if Fischer's heavies kill them all), which he manages to reign in at the end.
billh777 wrote:
BatMotor wrote:But the main question is.Who was riding the train? Mal?
No, the main question is...is Eames a train conductor? <ducks>
Nice. :lol:

I'm talking about mistakes (logic issues) in the script... (maybe it's a late thread but I slept over the Inception board for a while)

Because I find 3... (which are pretty big imo) ... but first I want to see if someone mentions them.
Last edited by RIFA on February 3rd, 2011, 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mistakes? Like problems with the dialog & characters or logic issues?

RomanM wrote:Mistakes? Like problems with the dialog & characters or logic issues?
Logic issues.

Go ahead and list em' I doubt anyone else will, even if they know of them :lol:

RomanM wrote:Go ahead and list em' I doubt anyone else will, even if they know of them :lol:
Why? Because they want to believe the movie is so perfect when in fact it isn't? :lol:

Oh dear...

The only one I can't completely explain away is that they were planting charges on the snow level when they didn't technically have an explained reason to at that point in time.

Vader182 wrote:The only one I can't completely explain away is that they were planting charges on the snow level when they didn't technically have an explained reason to at that point in time.
That place was going down eventually. I thought that was like always the plan lol.

Vader182 wrote:The only one I can't completely explain away is that they were planting charges on the snow level when they didn't technically have an explained reason to at that point in time.
To create the kick. the sensation of falling or dying or whatever. The problem is...

1. When Yusuf makes that powerful mixture he says and shows that even in the deepest dreams you will wake up at the smallest sense of falling or rolling or whatever else implies the sudden movement of the body. But then again when they roll over in the car or when the car is falling... nobody wakes up... :lol:

2. There's another logic issue with the 0 gravity sequence. In the first dream Yusuf drives the car. Once the car rolls over... The shift of gravity happens and is felt entirely in the 2nd dream. The car goes back on it's way and after the chase Yusuf jumps with the car from the bridge. At that moment we have 0 gravity because the bodies inside the car are actually floating... Agree with that. In the 2nd dream we have 0 gravity also because of the sense of falling and floating from the 1st dream. Problem is... The bodies in the 2nd dream are also floating, moving, falling etc. They are in the exact same state as they are in the 1st dream. Question is... why in the 3rd dream there is no 0-gravity since in the 2nd dream bodies react the same as they do in the 1st dream?... Isn't there a logic chain that is broken?...

3. Nolan never shows what actually happens in the 3rd dream when the gravity changes into no-gravity in the 2nd dream. He just leaves you after a nice and astonishing fight in the hallway watching some dudes over a snowy mountain. Well, they were already there before the gravity changed in the 2nd dream. So what happened with them in that period of time?...
Last edited by RIFA on February 3rd, 2011, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.