What problems/issues you had with Inception?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
darthnazgul wrote:
And I quote/possibly paraphrase:
"Come back and we'll be young men together again."

Came across as pretty hoyay.
I can't say that it's ever occurred to me to think of it that way--but I guess I can see how it might give that impression.

Ponsonby wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:Bit of the dialogue between Saito and Cobb is a bit suggestive.
You mean 'suggestive' in the sense of 'suggesting too much of what's to come' or in the older sense "suggestive" was often used for (of referring to sexual matters)? (The latter seems unlikely! But I'm curious about what you mean, here--maybe something entirely other than these guesses.)

I actually found all their scenes together to be highly erotic.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:
Ponsonby wrote:
You mean 'suggestive' in the sense of 'suggesting too much of what's to come' or in the older sense "suggestive" was often used for (of referring to sexual matters)? (The latter seems unlikely! But I'm curious about what you mean, here--maybe something entirely other than these guesses.)

Whatever pops your corn.... :eh:

jibran wrote:
Ponsonby wrote: You mean 'suggestive' in the sense of 'suggesting too much of what's to come' or in the older sense "suggestive" was often used for (of referring to sexual matters)? (The latter seems unlikely! But I'm curious about what you mean, here--maybe something entirely other than these guesses.)

Brokeback Limbo.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

I haven't seen this film in so fucking long, so I'm gonna lock myself in the home theater and reabsorb.

The only problem I had with it was how Cobb's reaction to Mal's death was cut short.

But now that I think about it, it makes me wonder whether extending that shot would have had a greater emotional effect or whether it would have cheapened the moment. I mean, just from the shot Nolan did use, my heart exploded, so what if the shot was longer? Would it have made it any deeper with emotion or would it have been too much? I'm not sure about this, it feels like a double-edged sword.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:I haven't seen this film in so fucking long, so I'm gonna lock myself in the home theater and reabsorb.

The only problem I had with it was how Cobb's reaction to Mal's death was cut short.

But now that I think about it, it makes me wonder whether extending that shot would have had a greater emotional effect or whether it would have cheapened the moment. I mean, just from the shot Nolan did use, my heart exploded, so what if the shot was longer? Would it have made it any deeper with emotion or would it have been too much? I'm not sure about this, it feels like a double-edged sword.
The was a decision made in editing, there was a longer scene shot. I got the impression Wally does a lot of coverage and other things, and the way a lot of Nolan's films are made is in editing and not a product of Wally necessarily. It's interesting to think about, especially with this scene.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I haven't seen this film in so fucking long, so I'm gonna lock myself in the home theater and reabsorb.

The was a decision made in editing, there was a longer scene shot. I got the impression Wally does a lot of coverage and other things, and the way a lot of Nolan's films are made is in editing and not a product of Wally necessarily. It's interesting to think about, especially with this scene.

-Vader
Right, I'm not saying it was Wally's choice, but I guess I'm just contemplating how it would have been different if Nolan decided to edit that shot longer. I know a lot of people had an issue with that and wished it would have been a little longer. The more I think about it, the more I wonder whether the way it was cut was intention because it's more of an emotional sucker punch.

If that makes any sense lol

Forum Pro
Law
Cilogy wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Right, I'm not saying it was Wally's choice, but I guess I'm just contemplating how it would have been different if Nolan decided to edit that shot longer. I know a lot of people had an issue with that and wished it would have been a little longer. The more I think about it, the more I wonder whether the way it was cut was intention because it's more of an emotional sucker punch.

Word is after Cobb yells "Mal no!, jesus christ!! .. " As he leans forward his foot slips off the window sill and he falls out of the window but catches himself. He then pulls himself back inside the room whilst crying

Law wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Right, I'm not saying it was Wally's choice, but I guess I'm just contemplating how it would have been different if Nolan decided to edit that shot longer. I know a lot of people had an issue with that and wished it would have been a little longer. The more I think about it, the more I wonder whether the way it was cut was intention because it's more of an emotional sucker punch.

Word is after Cobb yells "Mal no!, jesus christ!! .. " As he leans forward his foot slips off the window sill and he falls out of the window but catches himself. He then pulls himself back inside the room whilst crying
Wait seriously?

Law wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Right, I'm not saying it was Wally's choice, but I guess I'm just contemplating how it would have been different if Nolan decided to edit that shot longer. I know a lot of people had an issue with that and wished it would have been a little longer. The more I think about it, the more I wonder whether the way it was cut was intention because it's more of an emotional sucker punch.

:o