Why am I the only one who doesn't like "Cobb doesn't care"?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
My interpretation is similar to tokkaandrahzar. When Cobb spun the totem he heard his kids and looked up. He realised they had developed slightly from being taller/older etc. Thus he realised it was reality and knew the totem would fall so he "didn't care" about the totem because he already knew that it would fall.

But you can still age in dreams...

solo2001 wrote:But you can still age in dreams...
Do projections age though?

timothycook wrote:
solo2001 wrote:But you can still age in dreams...
Do projections age though?
Yea, they are part of the mind. If your mind expects them to age, they will age.

I still like the ending, but the more I think about it, Cobb really is just giving his kids a (figurative) giant middle finger.

solo2001 wrote:I still like the ending, but the more I think about it, Cobb really is just giving his kids a (figurative) giant middle finger.
How so?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Rob
Cilogy wrote:
solo2001 wrote:I still like the ending, but the more I think about it, Cobb really is just giving his kids a (figurative) giant middle finger.
How so?
That is if he walks away from the top because he doesn't care if it falls or not. Then he accepts the possibility that those aren't his real kids and that the real ones still are in reality waiting for their father to come home.

I for one believe that Cobb walks away because he actually knows it will fall either way. The way Nolan has put it just made it seem like the first option which really isn't a good thing at all.

Hey, you changed your view! Good stuff. But I think I may have taken your original position in the process. :|
Rob wrote: I for one believe that Cobb walks away because he actually knows it will fall either way. The way Nolan has put it just made it seem like the first option which really isn't a good thing at all.
Why do you believe that? I'd like to know cause I don't like where i'm at with the ending right now. :D
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on January 30th, 2011, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

i really do not hope there will be a sequel where it all gets explained.That would be a disaster.

If they were going to extend the Inception universe in any way I think they should go with a prequel (i know that notion has been tainted in the last decade but IF they did). Cause Inception seemed like the ending of a saga rather than a beginning. I don't think they should do it at all, but I don't really know where they would go with a sequel. I thought everything was tied up pretty nicely. ;)