INCEPTION is the movie that defined 2010

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
RomanM wrote:
theweatherman wrote:

You mean you didn't get the fact that the entire film is just one big instance of irony? The fact that a character so socially inept and solitary create something that changed the way humans interact and communicate.
Bingo. I think the individuals in the social network mirror today's society very well. Their motives, desires, and outlook is very much similar to my generation. I mean it's a movie about Facebook, of course it's indicative about my generation.
no, the movie wasn't about facebook. it was about mark zuckerberg and how he manipulated his way to the top, while distancing friends and ruining partnerships in the process. that's whut the movie was about. it could of been a film about jay-z's rise with roc-a-fella, with ends up with him a half-billionaire, but loses close friendships and partnerships in the process.

this tale been told plenty times before, it's only this time it used facebook as its backdrop. but the movie have NOTHING to do with website itself. the just broken business relationships created from that.

gluvnast wrote:
theweatherman wrote:

You mean you didn't get the fact that the entire film is just one big instance of irony? The fact that a character so socially inept and solitary create something that changed the way humans interact and communicate.
that's completely different from speaking about technological advancement to our current lifestyle. it was merely used as a TOOL to examine who the main character was and not as a statement of our growth in society on a social level. the movie was a character study, NOT an observation of society as a whole. a REAL generational film, for example, would be the original "wallstreet".

zuckerberg in the film is 2010's charles foster kane. plain and simple.
I was just pointing out that you couldn't replace Facebook with any other company because the film itself is an ironic statement that only works with Facebook involved.

gluvnast wrote: but the matrix actually had people questioning their look at current society.
Their are people who has killed them self because they wanted to become an Avatar in their next life, and girls who has gotten depressions because Edward never showed up at their bedroom like a stalker from Twillight.

gluvnast wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote: The Matrix is one of my favorite films of all time. Iv been studying the philosophy behind it for years.
But its not a generation defining film. Actually not at all.
there haven't been a film for more than a decade that has been more impactful and influencial to a generation. like i said, fight club is a cult classic. whereas, the matrix was redefining and revolutionary towards a generation as a whole. both spoke on similar, if not same, philosophical ideologies and reasonings, but the matrix actually had people questioning their look at current society.
The Matrix? Really? I'm sorry, but firstly, the sequels destroyed any chance at it having a lasting affect on our culture. Secondly, The Matrix did not have people questioning their look at society. Maybe yours, but I don't seem to recall -anyone- I knew who saw it around that time express anything like that. Nope, people just wanted to see Neo gets tons of guns and go nuts. The Matrix was a visual marvel whilst being quite intelligent, but it's a very flawed film, and one that in no way 'defines' a generation at all.

Inception doesn't define this one either, it's simply a masterpiece that happened to come out. It's not relevant to our times, it's not socially or culturally relevant either, at least in the immediate sense, so to suggest The Matrix was more culturally significant than Fight Club doesn't make total sense to me.

Just my take. I love The Matrix, but not let's get carried away.

-Vader

Am I the only one who thinks THE MATRIX was a poor film? I mean, it had that potential but the film is all about the action. The characters, particularly Neo and Morpheus, didn't have a struggle that's why I felt like being propelled along a highly-imaginative story line yet I was so detached with the film 'cause it doesn't reflect any human nature at all. I was wondering why Morpheus had that kind of faith on Neo being THE CHOSEN ONE. I mean, the EXISTENTIAL aspect of it felt like it was made so as to have Neo kick the butt of Agent Smith. Not to raise any philosophical question at all.

So definitely, THE MATRIX didn't define any generation at all.

The Matrix is the best movie of the 90's.

hoppity-kick wrote:Am I the only one who thinks THE MATRIX was a poor film? I mean, it had that potential but the film is all about the action. The characters, particularly Neo and Morpheus, didn't have a struggle that's why I felt like being propelled along a highly-imaginative story line yet I was so detached with the film 'cause it doesn't reflect any human nature at all. I was wondering why Morpheus had that kind of faith on Neo being THE CHOSEN ONE. I mean, the EXISTENTIAL aspect of it felt like it was made so as to have Neo kick the butt of Agent Smith. Not to raise any philosophical question at all.

So definitely, THE MATRIX didn't define any generation at all.
No,you are not alone :P
BatMotor wrote:The Matrix is the best movie of the 90's.
:lol:

Mr. Caine wrote: No,you are not alone :P
Good to know. :P
BatMotor wrote:The Matrix is the best movie of the 90's.
Huh? :roll:

Anne Elk (Miss) wrote:
DreamArchitect wrote:Inception did not in any way 'define' 2010. To define a generation means...
"2010" does not mean "a generation". It means a single year; moreover, it means a single year in cinema. Cinema is fantasy, not "real life".

To the person who posted this - you misunderstood the specificity of the O.P.
Two different sentences separated by a period point.

I'm bloody honest THE MATRIX=BEST 90'S MOVIE.