Little moments in the background that are easy to miss?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
christophmac wrote:What's the alternate state?
the human subconcious.

LimboCity wrote:I noticed this the last time I watched the movie.
The colours of the buttons match the colour palette of the dream that the button induced :D

Larger Version: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll26 ... olours.png
Thanks DreamArchitect for telling me about this thread!
No problemo!!!

BatMotor wrote:
christophmac wrote:What's the alternate state?
the human subconcious.
Oh I get it... I just didn't see it written there lol and had no idea what people were on about.

christophmac wrote:
BatMotor wrote: the human subconcious.
Oh I get it... I just didn't see it written there lol and had no idea what people were on about.
Probably a not-so-subtle reference to English filmmaker Ken Russell's movie ALTERED STATES. Summary: Edward Jessup (William Hurt) is a university professor of abnormal psychology who, while studying schizophrenia, begins to think that "our other states of consciousness are as real as our waking states." Very much the basis of INCEPTION.

The scene where Cobb gets caught in two walls. They begin to squash him. It could mean that Cobb was in Saito's dream all along.

LimboCity wrote:I noticed this the last time I watched the movie.
The colours of the buttons match the colour palette of the dream that the button induced :D

Larger Version: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll26 ... olours.png
Thanks DreamArchitect for telling me about this thread!
Wow, nice find! :clap:

Robert Mugabe wrote:The scene where Cobb gets caught in two walls. They begin to squash him. It could mean that Cobb was in Saito's dream all along.
Ya could be.

The walls part makes a lot of sense. It could be Saito's dream.

m_man360 wrote:The walls part makes a lot of sense. It could be Saito's dream.
Perhaps...but I don't think the walls were moving in squashing him. The walls were just angled, so the "hallway" gets more narrow from start to end. Not a dream sequence IMHO.

BatMotor wrote:
Robert Mugabe wrote:The scene where Cobb gets caught in two walls. They begin to squash him. It could mean that Cobb was in Saito's dream all along.
Ya could be.
No the camera is just really close. Also, he isn't turned all the way sideways to fit.