Little moments in the background that are easy to miss?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
JRM wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned, and I didn't know where else to share this, but for the first few times I watched the film I completely overlooked what the kids were saying to Cobb in the end because I was too entranced with the damn spinning top. Now that I own the DVD/Blu-Ray however, I was able to rewind what they were saying, and what James said gave me a sense of Deja Vu. He said something along the lines of, "guess what I've been building?" To which Cobb responds, "what?" James says, "A house on a cliff!" Very soon after, the film ends. This reminded me of the first scene in the film. The building on the cliff where Cobb presumably finds Saito. It could just be a coincidence, but I just thought I'd share. Another nod to 'it's a dream?' :think:
Nolan has already said in an interview that this was just the kid improvising and they shot the scene several times with him saying different things. Since there was an architecture theme throughout the film, he thought the "I've been building a house on a cliff", seemed most appropriate.

I like when Eames is putting on his seat belt on the plane. :lol:

This has probably been pointed out somewhere before there is to many posts to read in the Inception forum for me to know for sure, when Cobb wakes on the beach his lips are chapped and he shows signs of dehydration and hunger when confronting Saito which means he is starting to forget this is a dream or already has. It is also possible he set up rules for drinking, eating, and sleeping so he doesn't forget to do them in the real world but if he knew he was dreaming he could just make food and water appear. And this is not really a background shot but when cobb wakes on the plane he is not connected to the machine meaning he didn't wake himself up. And if I remember right that is the only way to wake up from the dreamstate/level he was in.

JUSTIN time wrote:when Cobb wakes on the beach his lips are chapped and he shows signs of dehydration and hunger when confronting Saito which means he is starting to forget this is a dream or already has
I don't think I've see that pointed out quite like that, interesting. I think he is starting to forget, starting to become lost in limbo maybe. Saito was obviously quite a bit farther down that road by then :lol:

Can anyone capture a shot of this scene?
In Mombasa, when Dom and Eames talk,
there is a marquee behind them.
It says "Violetta" and "La Traviata".
Both are the same opera, done as films
as "Camille" and "Moulin Rouge".
All are about a prostitute who dies.
I was thinking it was a red herring to
make the audience doubt that Mal was
really Dom's wife. Did anyone else notice
this the first time? Why was it inserted?

Cilogy wrote: Oh wow, I just realized something, why is Leo wearing sunglasses from like 2003?
Cuz it must be a dream!!!! :o

God I love those socks.