Was Eames gay?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
DreamArchitect wrote: Yeah, it's not important, but I agree with chee, it's a fandom thing. Tumblr and all...didn't think people would take this so seriously. Apologies to anybody if I upset anyone.
No worries here :) I'm not upset by it, just baffled :lol:

Rob
christophmac wrote:
Rob wrote:Damn, you people really are stupid as hell.
There's nothing stupid about homosexuality...
Did I say that I have something against homosexuals anywhere? Never! I'm 100% tolerant. And in that respect, I repost:

Damn, you people really are stupid as hell

Just have to say, I find it interesting that the mods locked the silly Eames threads that discussed irrelevant things such as his painting abilities, his possible alien origins, etc, but yet this silly thread discussing the irrelevant issue of whether he was guy is still open...why?

billh777 wrote:This silly thread discussing the irrelevant issue of whether he was guy is still open...why?
Blame it on the Tolerance!
Delete the thread on homosexuality and you might as well get sued :).

e-lex wrote:
billh777 wrote:This silly thread discussing the irrelevant issue of whether he was guy is still open...why?
Blame it on the Tolerance!
I'm a gay guy BTW. It's a fandom thing.

DreamArchitect wrote:
e-lex wrote: Blame it on the Tolerance!
I'm a gay guy BTW. It's a fandom thing.
In all seriousness, do you mean it's a "gay fandom" thing? Chee made a similar comment about fandom, and I'm just trying to understand this use of the word fandom. I never thought of fandom as inherently being related to sexuality. Cheers :)

billh777 wrote:Chee made a similar comment about fandom, and I'm just trying to understand this use of the word fandom.
I would guess, in this sense, that 'fandom' is the kind of attitude that generates slashfic. That's an example rather than a definition but it conveys the gist. I believe Chee was making a distinction between what the filmmaker intends to portray and what the viewer chooses to see. In my opinion (which may well be skewed due to my own experiences) 'fandom' is populated by fantasists rather than fans. I also suspect this may be what one member (I've forgotten who, sorry) was referring to when he/she expressed a desire to keep the boards clean.

I too am I confused why this thread, which had no more realistic connection to Inception than any other silly Eames thread and, like the others, simply illustrated how one person misinterprets what they see because of his or her own preconceptions, wasn't locked along with them. I could understand the earliest posted silly Eames thread being given the benefit of the doubt, but this wasn't it.

billh777 wrote:
DreamArchitect wrote:I'm a gay guy BTW. It's a fandom thing.
In all seriousness, do you mean it's a "gay fandom" thing? Chee made a similar comment about fandom, and I'm just trying to understand this use of the word fandom. I never thought of fandom as inherently being related to sexuality. Cheers :)
Fandom is just basically, the fans. We are all fans on here, we are part of a fandom for Inception.

If you are a fan of House M.D., then you would be part of the House fandom. Etc...

chee wrote:Fandom is just basically, the fans. We are all fans on here, we are part of a fandom for Inception.

If you are a fan of House M.D., then you would be part of the House fandom. Etc...
Ok. Well either I'm not expressing myself well, or it just doesn't matter :) I'll leave it at that.