Cobb´s Totem

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Anne Elk (Miss) wrote: Well, here for one.
:lol: nice

Anne Elk (Miss) wrote:
Cilogy wrote: When? :think:
Well, here for one.
Oh wow I didn't even realize that in the movie, I see why pretty much everyone unanimously believes that the poker chip was his totem.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Eames has a totem. Throughout the planning process, he's shown fiddling with something in his hands. I think you only catch a glimpse and see it's a poker chip twice, though. You can only assume.

Vasticity wrote:Eames has a totem. Throughout the planning process, he's shown fiddling with something in his hands. I think you only catch a glimpse and see it's a poker chip twice, though. You can only assume.
I think it's perfectly valid to assume the poker chip is his totem. But that is an assumption. The man is a forger and gambler, the chip could just be something he likes to fiddle with. We're never shown anything else to indicate that is his totem, unless you take the viral marketing stuff as canon.

Cilogy wrote:
Anne Elk (Miss) wrote: Well, here for one.
Oh wow I didn't even realize that in the movie, I see why pretty much everyone unanimously believes that the poker chip was his totem.
I just noticed too.

I wonder what can be done with a poker chip, though. A dice can always roll the same number, chess piece always fall the same way, and the top keeps spinning.

George wrote:I wonder what can be done with a poker chip, though. A dice can always roll the same number, chess piece always fall the same way, and the top keeps spinning.
Rip off Harvey Dent: The coin always lands on the same side.

George wrote:
I just noticed too.

I wonder what can be done with a poker chip, though. A dice can always roll the same number, chess piece always fall the same way, and the top keeps spinning.
In Mombassa when Eames is fiddling with two pokerchips Cobb says to him: "Rub them together all you want, they're not going to breed." To which Eames replies: "You never know." So it's pretty obvious that if he were in a dream the chips would breed, meaning multiply. That's his totem.

How come Cobb says not to tell anyone what your totem does so that only you know, and that you know your not in someone elses dream, and then he tells Ariadne what his does!

So she could have engineered the whole thing couldn't she?

James wrote:How come Cobb says not to tell anyone what your totem does so that only you know, and that you know your not in someone elses dream, and then he tells Ariadne what his does!

No, no one is allowed to touch his totem.

chee wrote:
James wrote:How come Cobb says not to tell anyone what your totem does so that only you know, and that you know your not in someone elses dream, and then he tells Ariadne what his does!

No, no one is allowed to touch his totem.

but you are not supposed to tell anyone what your totem does, correct? btw have you seen tron legacy? if so rating please!