After the Hype: Verdict?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
The release of Inception has come and gone, and during it's peak release we've had many proclaiming it as a "genuine masterpiece", but some have even changed their opinions after many repeated viewings and months passed. I know I got caught in the hype too (as with all movies that have big followings), though the excitement novelty has worn off a bit (I'm sure it will come back with the Blu-Ray release).

How about you? Has your opinion changed?

no my opinion hasn't changed. I think its a great film, and still the best I've seen this year. It isn't a masterpiece though and isn't Nolan's best work.

micool wrote:no my opinion hasn't changed. I think its a great film, and still the best I've seen this year. It isn't a masterpiece though and isn't Nolan's best work.

I was hyped about Inception for at least a year or two before it came out, and it exceeded my expectations greatly. Nothing more needs to be said about my opinion on it.

Rob
My brother, who has a very great taste in movies, showed me the trailer and I was absolutely intrigued. Recently watched Memento and absolutely fell in love with Chris Nolan. From the trailer it seemed like something VERY big. but I didn't quite know what to expect, I had no outline of the story, no picture of what was going to happen. But I was always a fan of lucid dreaming and I was excited as hell. There wasn't really a hype in our country, I just went in expecting a Chris Nolan movie, which is a pretty big expectation, which it exceeded very well. And of course, my opinion didn't change. It's a masterpiece. Period.

My opinion is still the same. Has some minor problems that doesn't help it reach masterpiece level, but its still a great movie.

Feel the same as I did when it came out. 8.5, not his best work, but conceptually amazing. Great technical achievement, Chris Corbould needs some sort of honorary Oscar for his work on INCEPTION.

nope. my opinion of it being my new favorite movie of all time has not changed.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Opinion hasn't changed. Great movie.

Not my favorite of his (that's still the Prestige), but it definitely didn't let me down. A great movie. 9.5/10