WB Wants an Inception Sequel

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I really want to see a prequel that revolves around the military side of things before the events of Inception. A team of soldiers questioning if their current setting is a dream or not? Perhaps even have an overlapping story of a team trying to steal the dream share device.

I think people are getting hot headed because they believe that a sequel has to follow right after the events of the first one.

It’s not always the case.

All of Nolan’s previous films, aside from the Batman flicks, can never be placed on a global scale; the events that take place are secluded to a communal like basis. Inception introduces us to a world where this dream share device is being used everywhere, and teams of extractors are numerous. With such a diverse and immersive world, how can you limit it to just one movie?

And this is a forum to discuss ideas.

Members who waltzed in and use the generic “No. Don’t touch it” response are acting childish. If you don’t agree with something, you can always explain why. :roll:

Because they're afraid that the sequel could destroy the first movie.

I understand that point of view but... Inception made a good universe. Many stories can be created in this world with the SAME TEAM!!! How about nightmares? Or Erotic but dangerous dreams?

Armandhammer wrote:I really want to see a prequel that revolves around the military side of things before the events of Inception. A team of soldiers questioning if their current setting is a dream or not? Perhaps even have an overlapping story of a team trying to steal the dream share device.
That would actually be really cool.

I think Cobb and his story is done. If they wanted to do a spin-off with some of the other characters, it might feel cheap as well. But there are other things with the dream/reality question they could play with and bring something new to the table.

Anita18 wrote:
Armandhammer wrote:I really want to see a prequel that revolves around the military side of things before the events of Inception. A team of soldiers questioning if their current setting is a dream or not? Perhaps even have an overlapping story of a team trying to steal the dream share device.
That would actually be really cool.

I think Cobb and his story is done. If they wanted to do a spin-off with some of the other characters, it might feel cheap as well. But there are other things with the dream/reality question they could play with and bring something new to the table.
I still think they should go WAY back and do the story surrounding Michael Cain's character.

A direct sequel = :thumbdown:

If we had a spinoff where characters from part one is featured, it'd kill some of the mystique from the original. Who is to say Eames or Arthur or Ariadne aren't merely projections of Cobb's subconscious? So, to have a film based on those characters would kill a whole bunch of interesting theories. Inception is brilliant because of the hundreds -- if not thousands -- of different theories.

An indirect sequel = :thumbup:

A story about another extractor, perhaps? I wouldn't mind. Learn more about the art of extracting and such. ;)

Mr. Jet wrote:A direct sequel = :thumbdown:

If we had a spinoff where characters from part one is featured, it'd kill some of the mystique from the original. Who is to say Eames or Arthur or Ariadne aren't merely projections of Cobb's subconscious? So, to have a film based on those characters would kill a whole bunch of interesting theories. Inception is brilliant because of the hundreds -- if not thousands -- of different theories.

A story about another extractor, perhaps? I wouldn't mind. Learn more about the art of extracting and such. ;)
Boo.

Then it's like a 007 franchise with a New Bond and a new mission. Then anyone can direct a movie about dreamsharing. Let sleeping dogs lie.

If they do make spinoffs, don't have inception in the title.

I'm still thinking of what will happen if someone (a bad guy) would come with the "dream team" (cobb, arianne etc...) during the inception...

Imagine an Inception on someone else, but during the Inception, on the "reality" (or what we supposed to be the reality), cobol or an enemy find them. They're all asleep...what will happen if this guy connect to the PASIV too? He's going through the dream right? Near the end of the movie,Cobb make the Inception but that guy change the "idea". Imagine a chase between all the levels of dreams...

sickofsickness wrote:
Mr. Jet wrote:A direct sequel = :thumbdown:

Boo.

Then it's like a 007 franchise with a New Bond and a new mission. Then anyone can direct a movie about dreamsharing. Let sleeping dogs lie.

If they do make spinoffs, don't have inception in the title.
I don't think they should make a sequel at all, but if they were make a sequel -- the original characters must not be featured for reasons I've already stated.

It's nothing like the 007 franchise, as no one would be playing a new Cobb. Cobb isn't the only extractor, but he is the most skilled one. Have a spinoff on a rookie extractor. That'd be interesting and, yes, don't call it Inception. :think:
Last edited by Mr. Jet on December 21st, 2010, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just do a comic book spin off. I'd buy every single issue.

I think it's like the Batman series...

Nolan make "batman begins 2" = "the dark Knight" .

I don't think Nolan will make an "Inception 2" but something like..."Nightmares" ^^

EDIT: Comic Book it's a great idea!

But for now, it seems to be an MMORPG...
Last edited by Angous on December 21st, 2010, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.