Deleted Posts on IMDB boards

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I was out of town for a week and when I came back there were a bunch of deleted posts on IMDB. Was this because of trolling or were hiding inception secrets?

apw
peteaggasi did a load of stupid spams and people got pissed off with him. he then went on a delete rampage and removed lots of his threads. i did notice that too. it made the inception front page look untidy. :thumbdown:

btw, you can still click the deleted threads and read the posts. only the first post is missing and you still reply to it and stuff.

I posted some info on Inception, thinking people would dig the new info. I posted this on BOF as well. Jett checked with WB if it was okay for me to post it - and then Jett kindly asked me to take it down. I asked him if the info I was posting was legit and he just said, "No comment. Please take it down." As for the post on IMDB; after posting it, IMDB themselves took it down. Most of the other posts I created were nonsense, I have to admit. But the initial posting did have legit info that was taken down by IMDB and taken down by Jett at BOF in consideration of WB.

Lol WB employee in disguise.

peteagassi wrote:I posted some info on Inception, thinking people would dig the new info. I posted this on BOF as well. Jett checked with WB if it was okay for me to post it - and then Jett kindly asked me to take it down. I asked him if the info I was posting was legit and he just said, "No comment. Please take it down." As for the post on IMDB; after posting it, IMDB themselves took it down. Most of the other posts I created were nonsense, I have to admit. But the initial posting did have legit info that was taken down by IMDB and taken down by Jett at BOF in consideration of WB.
Post that stuff here.
We wouldn't take it down. ;)

I posted some stuff on IMDB earlier this year that got taken down. Here's what I put:

These ones aren't that much of spoilers... more general plot things.

* 'Inception' is about dreams. They have figured out a way to enter peoples' dreams.

* The technology to enter dreams is through an injection into the bloodstream. They can carry it in a suitcase. In one scene, they enter a person's dream while on a plane.

* Leo's character plays somewhat of a thief. He dives into people's dreams to extract info for others.

* Murphy's character plays a businessman who is about to take over a company.

* Page's character is part of Leo's team. She is a student in Paris who is the architect of the dreams.

* The plan is to insert an idea into the head of Murphy's character. The idea: To branch the compnay off into smaller companies.

Here comes the very spoilerish stuff. Read at your own risk:
Final warning!!! You can still turn back!

* At one point in the film, Leo's wife convinces him to stay in the dream world, saying "It is better than real life." Leo wants to go back to the real world to be with his children. His wife commits suicide in the dream, thinking she'll return to the real world. When Leo returns to the real world, he is charged with the murder of his wife.

*He has to flee the country and his children.

I find it really interesting that your post was deleted. ;)

chee wrote:I find it really interesting that your post was deleted. ;)
That means it was accurate!
Why would they try to cover up and hide something that wasn't true?

apw
I would imagine it was more IMDB deleting of their own accord (and fear of WB) rather WB requesting. The stuff got removed very quickly. I doubt WB have full time staff monitoring IMDB boards.

WB deleting stuff that wasn't true would actually work as a bluff.

Yeah I agree with apw, but I think WB should respect fans by letting them talk about the film, without the worry of being bothered by them.