Deleted Posts on IMDB boards

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I guess only time will tell if that info is correct. I sort of hope it is though... all very interesting. And it's the only thing i've seen that mentions what Murphy's role in the movie is.

I can understand why WB wanted the posts deleted but I still disagree with them doing it.
At the end of the day we have the right to free speech in our society. We are not causing offence to anyone or any faith, but just posting about our ideas of what the film might be.
We don't even know for sure if it's right but the idea of these movie studios just deleting them without permission is just not right.
If anything it might put people off watching the film.

It's all a bit 1984 if you ask me.

apw
Someone posting plot points or talking about what the movie could be about are two different things. They could argue that is copyrighted material.

Also I doubt Chris Nolan wants the plot of his film on the internet before it comes.

It actually shows a lack of a respect towards him and his hard word to be posting it everywhere, in my opinion.

If someone sent me the script or any other information, I would keep it to myself and not post it anywhere. I wouldn't feel it's right to be posting it everywhere.

Yeah but what it sounds like to me is that it's fans simply posting ideas of what the film will be. If it a WB's employee then fair enough delete them, but tell others users that it was deleted because of that, don't leave them in the dark.
I wouldn't like it if I had my film's plot on the internet but as a film fan I don't read these spoilers because I respect the filmmakers anyway and admire the hard and creative work they give.
If the person posted them is/was a WB employee, then he/she should be respectful to their former employer and more importantly the film fans.
But at the end of the day I respect WB, they spend a lot of money and time on their films (their viral marketing team are fantastic) and the internet blogging is constantly evolving.
But I honestly think they need to improve on their communication and tell people why they are deleting these posts.
On YouTube you see a message on videos removed, why not with IMDB etc and say something like
“We are sorry but the post has been deleted due to an individual unfairly posting information that is copyrighted”

But I think WB will realise this and learn from it to be fair to them.

apw
I doubt it is Warner though. IMDB self-moderate the content, for the most part.

Stuff that gets removed from Youtube is because the copyright owners have complained. Therefore, Youtube can say who complained.

"I doubt it is Warner though. IMDB self-moderate the content, for the most part."

Exactly we don't know and this is exactly my point, they need to be more clear why they are being deleted.

You guys are soo lucky you're not on the Inception board in IMDb. It's gone into total hell ever since some guy called Zombiefang got there. You should really check out what this guy says it's some really odd stuff. 8-)