Ellen Page in Inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
She didn't do much... she even knows that...

chee wrote:Yea, Marion deserves the supporting actress more than Ellen.

I don't think Marion will get it either though.
Have to agree with you chee. I lost my trust in Academy when they will the Slumdog won the Best Picture. I mean 'Seriously'? I'm an Asian and I've seen a bunch of films like that. It is so ordinary and the conflict between the protagonist and the host of the game show is very superficial. TDK is very deserving and yet it didn't even get a nomination.

hoppity-kick wrote:I lost my trust in Academy when they will the Slumdog won the Best Picture. I mean 'Seriously'? I'm an Asian and I've seen a bunch of films like that. It is so ordinary and the conflict between the protagonist and the host of the game show is very superficial. TDK is very deserving and yet it didn't even get a nomination.
That's my feeling to a tee.

Slumdog was really no different from a lot of Bollywood films, it was just slightly westernized.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I was actually disappointed with Slumdog Millionaire because all the critics hyped it. It didn't fulfill that hype.

I thought slumdog was terrific! The Academy favors Artistic roles more than big budget block busters, which is why The Dark Knight didn't win. And I think that's fine. Because if you think about it, blockbusters are made for the hype, the money, the large audience. Indie films are made for the Art, why not award artist, the blockbusters are still getting what they want out of it, which is the blocks of people. Inception is NOT gonna win. There is a lot of great movies coming out this year, that deserve a lot of recognition, and though Inception is an amazing movie, my favorite currently and probably the best, most entertaining movie I've seen all year, it's not the best movie ever made on planet earth. It's great, even better than great, but not THAT great. Get what I'm saying?
I guess my point is, the Oscars don't go to the best movies, they go to the most impressive movies that accomplished a lot and told a story that is heart wrenching and beautiful. Inception is just cool. :ugeek:

To be honest, Ellen wasn't that good in many scenes, I think some of the dialogue wasn't delivered right, Ellen in the scenes in the start in the work shop, didn't work for me at all.

JRM
I thought she did an excellent job. :clap:

Not Oscar-worthy, but she did the character justice.

let's consider that Ariadne wasn't such a RICH character so as to deliver an oscar-worthy performance

I think Ellen Page did fine with what she had but I didn't find it oscar worthy.

Cilogy wrote:
#1fan wrote:Ellen page too me was great some scenes, the next incredible horrible
:problem: what's that supposed to mean?

I thought her acting was fine. Not deserving of an Oscar though.