hi i have a prob for the last scene of inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
hi all, im new here
i am inception fan from shanghai china
have heard a rumor that after the movie ending, after the all crew list ends
there will a clear sound to show that leo's totem stopped, like bang or click something
to show cobb's full return to the reality
is that true?
someone in our local forum told me that the version we saw in china does not contain that
but the version of us people can hear it
:thumbup:
someone plz confirm
and btw, personally i believe inception got a happy ending
but someone think cobb is still in his dream

wait 4 ur answer
and sorry for my porr english :wtf:

Rob
Mr. Caine wrote:I think you will have your answer write here:
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... =34&t=3487
Until anyone proves to me how it makes sense that Cobb leaves his dream wife and children to be only with his dream children I'll say it surely makes a difference if it's dream or reality at the end.

mjg
To answer the OP's question: There is no sound effect indicating whether the totem fell anywhere during the credits in the US version (as far as I remember from sitting through them twice).

He's in reality, trust me. He's awake.

EliMichelMan wrote:He's in reality, trust me. He's awake.
No one knows for sure, thats the beauty of it?

That is what Cobb believes...but the truth is far from that ;)

Rob
Jonas Agersø wrote:
No one knows for sure, thats the beauty of it?
What's so beautiful about not knowing what you just watched? :?: I'm serious. What?

Rob wrote:
What's so beautiful about not knowing what you just watched? :?: I'm serious. What?
The entire idea with the film is that the audience is being Inception'ed. We have several threads regarding this matter, even critics pointed this out. Nolan made a film about how a film can fool an audience. And how a film can plant an idea inside of the audiences head. (in short)

If you didn't see the beauty in a ending like that, do you even enjoy any of Nolan's films? Following, Memento, The Prestige, every one of these deals with this kind of using the audiences perception of the film in order to tell something different.
Last edited by Jones on September 10th, 2010, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob
Jonas Agersø wrote:
Rob wrote:
The entire idea with the film is that the audience is being Inception'ed. We have several threads regarding this matter, even critics pointed this out. Nolan made a film about how a film can fool an audience. And how a film can plant an idea inside of the audiences head. (in short)
I absolutely agree. It plants the idea in our head that Cobb was dreaming all the time. Obviously it worked with some people. I don't really know what this has to do with the "beauty" being that you don't know what's true.