The Director is the Highest Paid Person on Set!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
apw wrote:Michael Bay made $80m from Transformers.

I very much doubt Shia LaBeouf made $80m.
But honestly: is Shia LaBeouf worth of $80 million? :D I don't think so. That example was a bit extreme. Michael Bay is a well-known director who has been directing films for at least 15 years, and Shia LaBeouf is kinda noname compared to Bay. And LaBeouf is not the world's best or most-loved actor... of course he gets fewer money than the director.

apw
The example isn't extreme.

The topic is about who gets paid more, actors or directors.

I think most people who see Transformers will know who is Shia is over Michael Bay. Most people couldn't care less who the director is.

apw
TeddyBlass wrote:
apw wrote:$115m worldwide for a film with DiCaprio/Crowe and directed by Ridley Scott is terrible. The movie didn't even get good reviews. If the budget ($70m reported) is correct then the movie will have lost money. Warner will probably wished that hadn't bothered.
The box-office potential rarely matters
Of course the box office potential matters. If the movie doesnt have that, then it won't make money.
Leo still get's his pay. That's my point. This isn't a conversation about whether or not movies make their budget back.
Studios won't keep paying someone $20m if their films flop and don't make any money.

Leo won't be in enough flops to let that happen. Especially with Shutter Island and Inception on his upcoming releases.

apw wrote:The example isn't extreme.

The topic is about who gets paid more, actors or directors.

I think most people who see Transformers will know who is Shia is over Michael Bay. Most people couldn't care less who the director is.

youre naive to think people know shia more than michael bay

michael bay has had numerous block busters, and all of them are associated with his name....why do you think every trailer of his movie says his name

Transformers is advertised as a Michael Bay Film, not a film starring Shia Lebouf

apw
So if you got 100 people who went to see Transformers 2 today - they would know who Michael Bay is? The vast majority of people who see movies don't post on movie forums. They see a movie because they liked the TV spot or because it had famous person in it.

They may know who he is but that wouldnt be the reason they are seeing it. His last film before Transformers was a complete bomb. If his blockbusters are associated with his name, then why did The Island flop?

apw wrote:If his blockbusters are associated with his name, then why did The Island flop?
Knowing who Michael Bay is doesn't mean that his films are good. But Armageddon, Bad Boys, The Rock, Transformers, these are well-known actionmovies, and I bet that if someone knows these films than he knows who Bay is.

But Shia LaBeouf? Who the hell is he? :D He was in... erm... Eagle Eye, or something? And in that bad Hitchcock-remake? Maybe in Indy 4, but Indy 4 didn't turn out to be a classic.

If someone went to see Transformers 2 I'm sure that he knew who Michael Bay is. And he knew that better than Shia La... labuff, laboef, you know, that guy with that crazy surname.

michael bay's name is bigger than shia lebouf so yes, when people think of transformers they think of michael bay and optimus prime

not optimus prime and shia lebouf

shia lebouf is not an actor in the movie, hes just a set piece, used by Bay to get what he wants for his movie

why are we even having this dumb ass argument?

topic locked. you guys are being a little ridiculous now.