Inception Costume Design

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I love the suits in this movie. Specially JGL's.

Wasn't really impressed with the costume design in the film as a whole. I love suits, so the suit bits were great, but what the hell is Ellen wearing most of the time? There was another article I read that kind of hammered the costume design team for her clothing and I fully agree with them. It's like they went out of their way to make her look as asexual as possible. And Leo that bit in Paris, he looks so raggedy I mean sheesh get the guy a shirt that fits. HOWEVER, I will say, for a Christopher Nolan film, it's a great improvement. Chris isn't really a stylish guy himself to be honest.

I think what everyone wore fit their character perfect.
Say Girl

Loved the clothes especially the suits and thought all of the cast looked great :thumbup:

"HOWEVER, I will say, for a Christopher Nolan film, it's a great improvement. Chris isn't really a stylish guy himself to be honest"

Was there something wrong with the clothing in Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, Insomnia?

RomanM wrote:Wasn't really impressed with the costume design in the film as a whole. I love suits, so the suit bits were great, but what the hell is Ellen wearing most of the time? There was another article I read that kind of hammered the costume design team for her clothing and I fully agree with them. It's like they went out of their way to make her look as asexual as possible. And Leo that bit in Paris, he looks so raggedy I mean sheesh get the guy a shirt that fits. HOWEVER, I will say, for a Christopher Nolan film, it's a great improvement. Chris isn't really a stylish guy himself to be honest.
She's a graduate student in France. A postdoc in my lab is from Paris (like, moved here directly FROM Paris) and he loved Ellen's costumes because she was dressed exactly like a French student. After seeing the film, he brought that up out of the blue and noted specifically how he liked that. It felt authentic.

So as asexual as it was, it was authentic and you know how Nolan likes authentic. :P

I thought Ellen was kinda hot in dream level 2. Not Angelina Jolie hot, but y'know... :oldmanface: