james cameron campares inception and avatar

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
well without the 3D is just a simple story that may or may not attach you to the even simpler emotional conflicts of the characters...

I think James Cameron is a great Director. I think Chris Nolan is a great director too. The bash on Avatar in my opinion is just the natural counter act to peoples like of the film. For some reason people think that when one person is overly praised for a piece of work that they should be the ones to disagree and overly bash on them. Avatar was a great film. The technology that Cameron made for the film was great and the 3D was a great experience. Does Cameron get too much attention for it, Yes. Does that mean we should be rude towards him for it? No. Avatar was a classic story retold in a way that would reinvent and entertain people. I wouldn't have went to see it if I was just watching Pocahontas again.

And in my opinion Inception is a better film too, however, they're two completely different movies.

I don't hate James Cameron. And I think Avatar was decent. The visuals were amazing. But that's just not the style of filmmaking I am into. I prefer to see real enviroments. When I'm looking at the screen I wanna feel like I could touch everything I'm seeing. To me Computers get between me and the movie. Thats why I love Nolan so. He uses practical effects whenever he can. I'm not unrealistic about it tho. I love plenty of movies that use cgi. Avatar just had too much for me.
Cameron gets some respect in my book tho
T1
T2
Aliens

just classic
Say Girl

All this, who is better, is just nonesense. Its like comparing Blues with Rock, they are both using some of the same instruments, but the outcome is nothing alike.

Rob
Jonas Agersø wrote:All this, who is better, is just nonesense. Its like comparing Blues with Rock, they are both using some of the same instruments, but the outcome is nothing alike.
:clap: Can I use this as a signature? 8-)

Jonas Agersø wrote:All this, who is better, is just nonesense. Its like comparing Blues with Rock, they are both using some of the same instruments, but the outcome is nothing alike.
They might not be alike but one can still be better then the other...
:lol:

haha I'm just fuckin around
its all about personal taste
Say Girl

"Doopity floopity jib joob Inception?"

"Now see here, 10 year olds!"

"3D?"

"Nolan can't see 3D lol."
:lol:

Cameron talks about emotional levels, virtually every film has that, he doesn't know what he's talking about, probably he just heard Inception had "levels" and started saying whatever shit came to his mind.

Actually it's not nonsense, it's all a matter of opinion.

Because personally, I think Rock is better than Blues, but see that's just my opinion.
OVERMAN wrote:Cameron talks about emotional levels, virtually every film has that, he doesn't know what he's talking about, probably he just heard Inception had "levels" and started saying whatever shit came to his mind.
It seems like James Cameron thinks he's more connected to his films than he actually is. During the Oscars, when accepting an award, the last thing he said was that "I see you" line in the Navi language. I burst out laughing at how incredibly cheesy and fake that was.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
Actually it's not nonsense, it's all a matter of opinion.

Because personally, I think Rock is better than Blues, but see that's just my opinion.
Precisely, thats what Im trying to say, opinion is undiscussable. because its an opinion.