Is Inception OST a Plagiat??

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

We're speaking about a part of a part of a music-tune that's present in some of the tracks of the OST only, not in all of them and really not that keyish to the whole Inception-theme. Great classic compositors did steal from each other and what we have here is only a partial background in a constantly changing and expanding musical spectre. Yes he may have took it from these guys, but that really doesn't mean much. Oh and what if it's supposed to be like that. I mean the fact that it isn't obvious gives some space for doubt and makes it look like stealing but it may be deliberate, he may have spoken with those guys or I dunno. I mean he did use Edit Fuckin Piaf for god's sake.

Sounds verry simiar indeed :silent:

its definitely using the same melody

but its not plagiarizing if its credited in the soundtrack....you would have to look through the booklet when you by the cd. I doubt Hans Zimmer wouldnt credit them cause he would have a massive lawsuit on his hands

Its just one part of one track of the OST..

Zimmer Plagiarism wrote:Here is yet another comparision video with an additional explanation. Please just watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qcDXjWdFBk
The songs sound similar. We're talking about a progression of about 4 notes here. On a minor part of a 12-part soundtrack.

It's intriguing, but its circumstantial.

Well yes, you are right. I posted the wrong title for this topic. One song seems to be a plagiat, not the whole soundtrack. You see, the thing is Diona Dimm was in Popcom 2 years ago and she did give a copy of her music to a friend of Hans Zimmer so this is where I see the connection.

according to some trolls the whole movie is a darn plagiat (Matrix, paprika bla bla bla)