Oliver's Arrow

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Oliver's Arrow is the working title for the film (Oliver is one of Nolan's sons). Sides have been released under this title.
If anyone hears anything about OA, know thats its Inception.

Nice. Thanks for the tip dude :D

Can someone explain me why this "working title"-thing is so important in filmmaking? I mean, we know the exact title of the film. Or what's this all about? :D

DHOPW42 wrote:Can someone explain me why this "working title"-thing is so important in filmmaking? I mean, we know the exact title of the film. Or what's this all about? :D

Its like for The Dark Knight the working title was "Rory's First Kiss"

It allows for them to put out sides (small portions of the script that people use to audition) under a name that wouldn't attract attention, and also to shoot with less attention.

I see, thanks. I'm more clever now :)

It also helps stay undercover when production companies have to apply for filming permits to shoot in certain areas, etc.

How'd you find this information?

You have working titles and fake titles. For instance, Cloverfield used many, many working and fake titles. The real working title of Cloverfield was 'Untitled J.J. Abrams Project'. The first time that something of this movie was released (I thought it was a teaser trailer) was carried by the name '1-18-09' (the release date of the movie). But during production, they where using all kinds of fake titles so that people who saw them shooting a scene, couldn't find anything about it on the net. So it's also a way to keep a movie more of a secret.
Used 'fake' names for Cloverfield: Slusho, Clover and Cheese
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

George89 wrote:
chee wrote:How'd you find this information?
here, I just wrote an article on my blog explaining it:

http://www.cinemarewind.com/2009/06/oli ... rking.html

but basically from casting sites.
Awesome.

I also heard that shooting is beginning in July somewhere on IMDB.