Inception's Title-Could It Give Away The Film

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Remember in 2005 when Batman Begins came out, that after the film ended when the end credits came up the title of the film rolled up. I have heard that Nolan did this to show that Batman truly begins after the end of the film. The same goes for The Dark Knight. Now correct me if I am wrong, but after watching the metacafe video to see the crowd reaction to Inception I saw the title came up after the film. Could this mean that Inception had not fully taken place until just the point before this film. So maybe the entire Inception all along was on Cobb, and not on Fischer.

The theory is a bit flawed, but I could be on to something.

The Silent Guardian wrote: The theory is a bit flawed, but I could be on to something.
If you admit it is flawed then how the HELL COULD YOU BE ONTO SOMETHING!?!
bty didn't The Prestige end with that same title sequence thing

#1fan wrote:
The Silent Guardian wrote: The theory is a bit flawed, but I could be on to something.
If you admit it is flawed then how the HELL COULD YOU BE ONTO SOMETHING!?!
bty didn't The Prestige end with that same title sequence thing
It is flawed right now, because of one thing. The scene where his kids call him at home, and how that scene looks like a dream scene (look at the background, it is night, then he ends up walking out and it is day all of a sudden). That scene can't be explained by any theory except that the entire thing was a dream.

I don't know about The Prestige, never seen it, it is possible the title came up for a reason.

my opinion is that everyone has over annualized everything
call me crazy but the title at the end could be .... JUST A FRIGGIN TITLE!

and maybe the spinning top at the very end was there as a ploy to make you think about the film. Nolan did that with Memento (he even said it) and he's done it now. not saying that this is a bad thing

#1fan wrote:my opinion is that everyone has over annualized everything
call me crazy but the title at the end could be .... JUST A FRIGGIN TITLE!

and maybe the spinning top at the very end was there as a ploy to make you think about the film. Nolan did that with Memento (he even said it) and he's done it now. not saying that this is a bad thing
What did he do in Memento. Nothing that I can see, Memento didn't leave me grasping for info, the ending had a twist, but once you got the twist then well that kind of is just it. It did lead to philosophical questions, and is a masterpiece, but I don't think it had a ploy to make you think for a long time what certain scenes were like.

As for this-you could be right, we could be overanalyzing the film. However one thing you have to realize, is Nolan wants us to do this, he wants us to think about a film. And I am happy to come along for the ride, just look at all the thoeries, everyone has a flaw, and everyone has something to support them. That was Nolan's intention all along to create the ultimate mindbender.

I am happy to say, he nailed it.

The Silent Guardian wrote: What did he do in Memento. .
Nolan said that things like why did Lenard "obviously'' die his hair blond and wear did he get his original car and so on

The Silent Guardian wrote:The scene where his kids call him at home, and how that scene looks like a dream scene (look at the background, it is night, then he ends up walking out and it is day all of a sudden). That scene can't be explained by any theory except that the entire thing was a dream.
Why do you not consider it possible that time has passed between these two scenes?