Inception vs Strange Days

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
That's the same subject - mind heist. I think, SD is more masterpiece (Cameron+Bigelow). And Ralph Finnes is better actor than Leonardo.

I'm a huge SD fan and they are not at all alike. How is Strange Days about a mind heist anyway?

Drunk knight wrote:SD is more masterpiece (Cameron+Bigelow)
Name-dropping them on a Nolan forum isn't going to win you any points around here. Nolan is better than both of them IMHO.

I think eXistenZ is a better comparison with Inception.

Strange Days is very good. It doesn't really play with the fantasy/reality question like those two do though. I suppose it is about a guy who's obsessed with his former love and trying to hold onto the memories through artificial means, but the plot dynamics are very different.

For me, Strange Days was a truly awful film. Despite that, the memory sequences were enjoyable.

Kind of a silly post. Fiennes is a fine actor but so is DiCaprio. They're definitely different, though, and have different approaches to acting. DiCaprio is more movie star than Fiennes and definitely warmer. Fiennes always seems a tad detached to me, which is fine depending on the character. However, I'd say DiCaprio would probably have won best supporting actor instead of Fiennes if Tommy Lee Jones hadn't been up. All a matter of taste, I guess. :roll:

I don't remember much about SD, not having found it to be particularly interesting. I didn't find Fiennes performance to be the best in it either. Different strokes for different folks, though.

not even close to the same premise lol. Strange Days is something like you put this device on your head and you see through the eyes of someone else and feel what they do or something like that, havent seen it in a long time. Inception, is well, you know. and Dicaprio has been nominated for more AA's than Fiennes so suck it :wave:

Shut up about SD its a bad movie,why are ya talking about that movie here? :wtf: