Is Inception's Ending The Best Ever?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
While I liked the ending of Inception, I like Memento's ending more as it elicits a very powerful reaction to me, so I vote Memento's ending over Inception's.

Nope. Of course it depends what you mean by ending (from the climax on? the last scene? the last shots?), but I don't think Inception quite makes the top for any of those.

There are so many great endings. Even if we're talking open-ended sci-fi endings, I can think of some just as good or even better. Blade Runner, Children of Men, Brazil, and Stalker are all great. And that's not to say that Inception's ending isn't fantastic or doesn't add a lot to the film overall; I'd probably rank it as the best final scene of this year, probably longer. However, I don't think it matches the pure perfection of something like Citizen Kane's final minutes, at least to me.

Good ending, but Memento had better.

One of my favorite movie ending was for Lost In Translation. Bill Murray whispers something to Scarlett Johansson... but what?? Beautiful and poignant.

Big tip of my old-man-hat for Citizen Cane as well.

I like Memento's ending. However I like Inception just a bit more. While I loved the entire speech, I loved TDK's speech more than Memento's.

Great ending no doubt!!

Jonas Agersø wrote:Great ending no doubt!!
But is it a great ending... or the GREATEST ending? Image

Great ending...but not greatest ending of all time.
For me the best movie ending was in Memento and Fight Club

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Blade Runner, Vertigo, No Country for Old Men, Memento, The Godfather Part II and so on..

Rob
I also thought it was the best movie ending I watched. From the moment Cobb opens his eyes in the plane it's just magical.

The music really helps the end of Inception. It carries the emotion and suspense very nicely.