Is Zimmer is trying to tell us something with movie score

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Seems that part of the score by Zimmer is a slowed down version of Non, je ne regrette rien which is the song used to tell people the kick is coming.

Another possible twist to this is all a dream

See comparison here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0C4q ... r_embedded

Anyone remember in what part of the movie that song is playing (not the French song for the kick but the Zimmer song)

Interesting, but on that specific point I'd rather chose the old story of the "trumpets of Jericho", which anounced the destruction of a city.

shubby wrote:Interesting, but on that specific point I'd rather chose the old story of the "trumpets of Jericho", which anounced the destruction of a city.
If I recall correctly in the dreams the song is also slowed down.The deeper the dream the slower it plays

lol, yea, that's what everyone is thinking now. :D

fidorulz wrote:
shubby wrote:Interesting, but on that specific point I'd rather chose the old story of the "trumpets of Jericho", which anounced the destruction of a city.
If I recall correctly in the dreams the song is also slowed down.The deeper the dream the slower it plays
that's exactly whut it is.

however it DOES begs the question, how the movie BEGINS with this opening score. it further adds to the theory that WE'RE the dreamers and the film is the dream. especially how the score abruptly starts. with the top wobbling representing us waking up in the end.

shubby wrote:
that's exactly whut it is.

however it DOES begs the question, how the movie BEGINS with this opening score. it further adds to the theory that WE'RE the dreamers and the film is the dream. especially how the score abruptly starts. with the top wobbling representing us waking up in the end.
We all missed the kick and kept dreaming. We are all still in the theater sleeping :o

It was probably intentional, but it could have been a happy accident. The rhythm is a fairly common one, and the harmony is not there in the Zimmer version. Still, if it was an accident, it was one of the best accidents I've encountered for awhile.

This is really old.

Skysaw wrote:It was probably intentional, but it could have been a happy accident. The rhythm is a fairly common one, and the harmony is not there in the Zimmer version. Still, if it was an accident, it was one of the best accidents I've encountered for awhile.
in a new york times article he said it was intentional and was suppose it took so long for anyone to catch it.

fidorulz wrote:Seems that part of the score by Zimmer is a slowed down version of Non, je ne regrette rien which is the song used to tell people the kick is coming.

Another possible twist to this is all a dream

See comparison here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0C4q ... r_embedded

Anyone remember in what part of the movie that song is playing (not the French song for the kick but the Zimmer song)
i already posted on this...The opening music is a slowed down 'Non-je ne regrette rien' the music cue,....which may be a signal to us to the ambiguous nature of the story...is it a dream? are we the audience dreaming? The music in the film warns of a change of dream levels....perhaps the audience too