Question about Cobb,Saito & Limbo (Please answer)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
why Saito older than Cobb in the End (in Limbo)??

Cobb & Ariadne go to Limbo EARLY than Saito dead in Snow Fortress... Saito dead when Cobb talking with Mal in Limbo..

Only if Saito dead early in 1 level (van chase)..early then Cobb go to Limbo (Fortless)..only this can explane why he is older..

He's been lost for a long time.

Not easy with that film : that might be ellipsis to avoid to tell another long story.

If it's Cobb's dream anyway : that does not matter.

Dobb and Ariadne enter Limbo before Saito dies, so why is Saito aged so much? Clueless. No idea. This is about the only plot hole I could find. Any theories? The only one I have is that by dying on level one (The Van) he is re-kicked into limbo, which would explain why he washes up on shore in Saito's Limbo and why Saito appears to have been in Limbo so much longer then Cobb. If he was re-kicked into limbo then Saito was in there significantly longer then Cobb. It also explains why Cobb almost forgets why he is there and that they are still dreaming.

DarkExplosion49 wrote:Dobb and Ariadne enter Limbo before Saito dies, so why is Saito aged so much? Clueless. No idea. This is about the only plot hole I could find. Any theories? The only one I have is that by dying on level one (The Van) he is re-kicked into limbo, which would explain why he washes up on shore in Saito's Limbo and why Saito appears to have been in Limbo so much longer then Cobb. If he was re-kicked into limbo then Saito was in there significantly longer then Cobb. It also explains why Cobb almost forgets why he is there and that they are still dreaming.
Yeah I think it must be that limbo was reset for Cobb since he later drowned in the first level (well, besides being stabbed in limbo :lol: ), and is still hooked up to the machine with Saito on that level.

Saito died first. He had more time in Limbo than Cobb did.

chee wrote:Saito died first. He had more time in Limbo than Cobb did.
I think what people are pointing out is that Cobb and Ariadne went into Limbo to get Fischer BEFORE Saito dies in level 3. So unless Limbo got reset for Cobb later (where he dies through stabbing/drowning/both), it's something of a plot hole.

I think reset is a good enough answer for a dream world which is made up anyway. :lol:

Anita18 wrote:
chee wrote:Saito died first. He had more time in Limbo than Cobb did.
I think what people are pointing out is that Cobb and Ariadne went into Limbo to get Fischer BEFORE Saito dies in level 3.
Who says that Saito is not his subconsious. And who says that it isen't level 5 :twisted:

My theory is this.

Cobb entered limbo before Saito so he had indeed been down there longer than Saito.
Then Ariadne is "improvising" and shoots mal and then throws fisher off the building. Ariadne is right about to shoot Cobb but he says "No, NO!!" I believe that is because he doesn't think he will die from his stab wound (also because he doesn't want to ride the kicks up). But I believe that he does not die from Mal stabbing him and thus stays in limbo to search for Saito.

The scene with Cobb and Saito that appears at the begginning and the end has two very KEY parts that hint at the passage of time. The first one is very obvious-that Saito is an old man. This lets you know that Saito's mind has indeed been in limbo for many decades. The second key part is less obvious. This is that Saito is the person to remind Cobb that they are dreaming by saying, "Have you come to kill me? I'm waiting for someone". Cobb then looks up at Saito like he is just starting to remember that this world is not real. This, to me, shows that Cobb has been here even longer than Saito because he is even more lost in limbo and detached from reality. You may ask, if Cobb has been here longer than Saito, why doesn't he look as old? Well remember Cobb's flashbacks of him in Mal in limbo? Their appearences did not age even though they were there for something around 50 years.
Also, I believe that Cobb was in limbo this time looking for Saito much longer than he had been in it with Mal the first time. My reasoning for this is because when he was there with Mal he had a grip on reality and knew that they were dreaming in limbo and needed to wake up. He was the person to get Mal to realize the world wasn't real. But this time, he completely looses himself in limbo and it takes someone else to remind him that the world isn't real-Saito. And to me-the degree the mind loses a grip on reality equals amount of time spent in the dream.

So to sum up:
Cobb has been in limbo longer than Saito because he was more lost in limbo and more detached from reality than Saito.
Cobb's limbo age doesn't show through his looks because it never did with Mal, but it is shown in his pure shock to remembering that him and Saito are indeed in limbo when Saito remembers on his own.

As soon as Saito entered limbo he thought it was his reality so he let himself age, when Cobb entered limbo he knew it was a dream so was able to keep control of his age, it was only when he washed up on the shore where Saito's palace was that he was losing track of reality which is why he looks a little more ravaged then.