John Landis on Inception.

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I'm going to give this it's own thread since Landis is a pretty big deal.
It’s interesting that Inception is original and done so well and you can just imagine the studios saying “that’s so original, lets copy that!”

Well interestingly enough Inception, which is wonderful, is not original. There have been a lot of movies like it; remember Dreamscape? Oh that’s bad special effects but almost the same movie. It’s Dennis Quaid and Edward Albert is the president of the United States and they insert him into his dreams. Ya know, I think, don’t misunderstand me I think Christopher Nolan is a wonderful director its just I don’t think he is yet to make a movie other than Memento that I thought was really original, its just very stylish.

I think its just seeing something that’s not based on anything else in the box office has now become a novelty.

Well yeah and he’s coming off giant hits plus he has Leonardo DiCaprio so he had some protection to do what he wants. He’s a lucky guy, I’m glad for him; I love the fact that he can continue to make his movies. Whether he makes a couple of unsuccessful ones in a row, he’ll be in the same situation as everybody else (laughs). More power to him I like smart filmmakers and I think he’s great.

source: http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-n ... z0uX1Kx9Fh

I'm really tiring of hearing about this Dreamscape movie.

quite contrarian wrote:I'm really tiring of hearing about this Dreamscape movie.
I've seen Dreamscape and beyond the superficial similarity Landis pointed out, they are really not very alike at all. It's a good film though, despite the presence of Dennis I TALK LIKE THIS Quaid. However, while I don't think the comparision is entirely valid, I'm glad Landis liked Inception and is supportive of Nolan.

Of course it's not original. Nothing is. Craftsmanship is the key.

Who's John Landis? but seriously, this is the same guy that's responsible for the death of Vic Morrow.
{=}

I hope he realizes that he didn't invent werewolves.

lol, that guy is a moron. I don't care if he liked it or not, it is an original movie. Stupid.

Has he even made a film in the last 15 years?!?
{=}

Eternalist wrote:I hope he realizes that he didn't invent werewolves.
Exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

Eternalist wrote:I hope he realizes that he didn't invent werewolves.
:lol: