Inception (2010)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
We are approaching 5 year anniversary yo

NEVER FORGET

Inception was screened tonight at the Astor Theatre in Melbourne (Australia) in the original 35mm print (maintained and held by the cinema itself).

I'd forgotten how incredibly spectacular it was, and almost five years on, it still never ceases to amaze.

The first time I watched it was the first time I realised I was serious about becoming a filmmaker. Watching it tonight reminded me just how strong that passion is.

Goddamn it's such a great film.

lol didn't know where to post this but this is quite a sleek image of all the different levels in the film:

spoilers obviously lol

it was all over social media back then

Ace
Leonardo DiCaprio Still Baffled by ‘Inception’ 10 Years Later: ‘What Happened? No Idea’
“That’s like ‘Inception’ for me. What happened? I have no idea,” DiCaprio said as the three men laughed. “You’re just focused on your character, man. I do get involved [with the story], but when it came to Christopher Nolan and his mind and how [‘Inception’] was was all pieced together, everyone was trying to constantly put that puzzle together.”

When Maron asked DiCaprio if the movie made sense, the actor responded, “Well, it depends on the eye of the beholder, I guess.”

With Tenet we're approaching this films tenth anniversary

fuck

Apparently the word "inception" has been used in AI research as a reference to this film.

This is from one of the paper referenced in this Google AI Blog post, Inceptionism: Going Deeper into Neural Networks:

In this paper, we will focus on an efficient deep neural network architecture for computer vision, codenamed Inception, which derives its name from the Network in network paper by Lin et al in conjunction with the famous “we need to go deeper” internet meme.
EDIT: I knew this from Stuart Russell's book Human Compatible: Artificial Intelligence and the Problem of Control.

inception production designer talkin' bout it

I haven't seen this film in over three years. And I haven't been revisiting it since nor seen any analysis of it, but is that video cool?

I think I want to rewatch it just before I see Tenet. So hopefully this July lol

Also, I feel like Nolan just has to make another espionage spectacle with a mysterious sci-fi element in ten years. Preferably with an Asian-American as the lead lol (pls Steven Yeun)